Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
My ' Vices " are potato chips and sweets! These things tend to put unwanted weight on my old body. To compensate I go on a " juice fast " ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Time To Clean Up!!

My ' Vices " are potato chips and sweets! These things tend to put unwanted weight on my old body. To compensate I go on a " juice fast " for a week drinking wheat grass juice along with a large carrot and beet juice! Some LF members might be thinking of " detoxifying " so I am providing this link to inspire you:
    11 Natural Methods for Detoxing Your Body | Natural Health & Organic Living Blog
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Why do you promote this website? The whole premise behind "detoxing" is flawed. The website is operated by someone who *actually* believes that all disease is caused by toxins!
    Quote "I want people to know that the root cause of disease stems from the accumulation of toxins in the body, and daily exposure to a toxic living environment".
    I have never heard so much bollocks in my life before. Actually, I correct that, I heard worse crap from a Homoepath.
    Have you or the website owner never heard of germ theory, or that virus can cause disease?
    Please stop posting crap like your above statement without researching first.

Whoa there! CousinLucky is a long-time, respected contributor to this forum. I "lurked" here a long time before I joined, and it seems to me that CousinLucky has earned the respect of a lot of people here. If you believe the "detox" stuff is a myth, fine. But don't dis our Cousin!
    rokytnji and jayd512 like this.

reginaldperrin, you have to understand, cousinlucky is not a "Linux Guru" but he is a long standing member here with a lot of respect from all of us. This is just his way of contributing here since he can't really offer much in the way of computer help. I like to think it's just his way of trying to keep us entertained. So as mentioned previously, If you want to disagree with the links he posted, that's fine, but please do so in a friendly manner.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    It is OK to disagree with a post; life would be dull if everyone always agreed. Please keep it within the tone of these forums which is, as you should be able to see from looking round, polite and friendly.
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

Conkybots: Interactive plugins for your Conkys!

Actually, I've known several people who praise the idea of a 'liquid fast'.
    One did it with juices, while another did it with some nasty-ass wheat-germ drinks.

I'm not one to knock a health regimen. And since it worked for them, I'm thinking that there might be something to it.

BTW... cousinlucky is one of the most respected members on this Forum.
    No need to throw an insult...
    Nuf said.
    Sidekick likes this.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    One did it with juices, while another did it with some nasty-ass wheat-germ drinks.
    Wheat based drinks - ughhhh. If you're going to detox then it's my personal belief that barley is the way to go, not wheat. What you do is crack the barley and leave it to go all sugary, mix it with water, add yeast and leave it for a few weeks, then optionally add hops, leave it to go clear, then drink. In huge quantities. It really purges any unwanted rubbish from you bowel and stomach
    cynwulf, jayd512 and Sidekick like this.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Lucky, by going on juice fasts, you're giving yourself permission to continue your unhealthy diet. That's why detox treatments are so popular ("I was good yesterday so I owe myself a bag of crisps!").

Why not try eating better stuff as a regular practice?
    cynwulf likes this.
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"

Quote Originally Posted by reginaldperrin View Post
    Why do you promote this website? The whole premise behind "detoxing" is flawed. The website is operated by someone who *actually* believes that all disease is caused by toxins!
    Detox is indeed a load of bollox (outright quackery in fact), but he's not "promoting" it or that site, he found a link and posted it up for others to read and comment on. If you want to get you knickers in a twist over it, then that's your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hazel View Post
    Lucky, by going on juice fasts, you're giving yourself permission to continue your unhealthy diet. That's why detox treatments are so popular ("I was good yesterday so I owe myself a bag of crisps!").

+1 Exactly.

@Roxoff: I've tried that one several times and it works...

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxoff View Post
    Wheat based drinks - ughhhh. If you're going to detox then it's my personal belief that barley is the way to go, not wheat. What you do is crack the barley and leave it to go all sugary, mix it with water, add yeast and leave it for a few weeks, then optionally add hops, leave it to go clear, then drink. In huge quantities. It really purges any unwanted rubbish from you bowel and stomach
    I've found you can do a similar thing with grapes...

Quote Originally Posted by hazel View Post

Because it tastes bad! In a sane world healthy food would taste like hamburgers and bacon while hamburgers and bacon wouldn't!
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

Conkybots: Interactive plugins for your Conkys!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast