Find the answer to your Linux question:
Text in new AZ proposed law: "It is unlawful for any person, with intent to terrify, intimidate, threaten, harass, annoy or offend, to use any electronic or digital device and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Yet Another Push for State Censorship

Text in new AZ proposed law:

"It is unlawful for any person, with intent to terrify, intimidate, threaten, harass, annoy or offend, to use any electronic or digital device and use any obscene, lewd or profane language or suggest any lewd or lascivious act, or threaten to inflict physical harm to the person or property of any person. It is also unlawful to otherwise disturb by repeated anonymous electronic or digital communications the peace, quiet or right of privacy of any person at the place where the communications were received."

I could be in trouble I think I anonymously piss someone off every day on these and other forums
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

So, what you're saying is that after this law is passed, it'll be illegal to send an email to the Arizona legislators to telling them that their new law is [insert-profane-expletive-of-choice] stupid, and to shove it up their shiny [insert-different-profane-expletive-of-choice]?

And you'll break the law again if you send it a second time?

Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

haha yes sir, and the sentence can be up to 25 years in jail

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

Quote Originally Posted by jmadero View Post
    haha yes sir, and the sentence can be up to 25 years in jail
    Durn. I moved my Mom to Arizona and my lil sis lives a few blocks away.
    Mom is safe as she hates computers. Lil sis can be a dingbat though
    online.

And I thought TX could be off in left feild sometimes.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

My " Straightjackets " Are Already Being Prepared!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

The intent of this law, though admittedly badly worded, is to keep someone from harassing another person online. Harassment is already illegal, but the legislators are trying to "clarify the matter" as it relates to electronic communications.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Quote Originally Posted by MASONTX View Post
    The intent of this law, though admittedly badly worded, is to keep someone from harassing another person online. Harassment is already illegal, but the legislators are trying to "clarify the matter" as it relates to electronic communications.
    Yeah I know the goal. I think this fails on so many levels that it makes the goal inconsequential, instead they've overreached and it's unfortunate.

Also closing the thread as this was more to inform so people could look up something that could impact our community, not to get to deep into it. Thanks to the mods for leaving it open for people to see.
    Last edited by jmadero; 04-05-2012 at 08:19 PM.