Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello All I don't know if this is where I would ask this question but here goes. I was wondering if anyone has used the wireless service that Net Zero ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

net zers

Hello All
    I don't know if this is where I would ask this question but here goes.
    I was wondering if anyone has used the wireless service that Net Zero provides? I was going to try it but couldn't find anywhere that indicated it could be used with any linux systems. I trying to email them but you have to be a user to get in touch with them.
    Thank you for your help.
    Lou

My Humble Advice Is To Avoid Net Zero For Anything!!
    I Put That Company On The Same Shelf As AOL!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Taking cousinlucky's opinion into account, if you want to use them i don't see any reason why they wouldn't work on linux. There an ISP provider, not a hardware provider (i.e. modem, routers, access points etc). As long as your pre-existing hardware device is compatible with Linux you should be fine.

I have not used Netzero for years, it's a free service that is supported by ads. I am sure that there might be a hack to make this work on Linux, it's probably not still supported and we can't help you with the hacks. The times that I did use it, they have an "Ad portal" that opens on your desktop and that stays open and visible as long as you are connected. They did not have a Linux version back then and I'm willing to bet they still don't have one now.

I just checked.
    In order to use the NetZero 4G Stick™, your computer must meet the following minimum system requirements:

Microsoft Windows XP®, Vista®, or 7® Apple OS-X®
    1GB RAM
    At least 50MB free hard disk space
    USB port
    CD ROM drive
    Found this too but I kinda got lost and didn't actually find anything to download.
    Other Operating Systems (Linux, Macintosh, etc)

NetZero was originally designed for the PC Windows environment, but different versions are now available for other operating systems.

If you have an IBM PC compatible machine, you can use NetZero with Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP.

We also support a Linspire (Linux) version of NetZero. For more information, please visit the main NetZero page.

If you are running a Macintosh with OS 9 or OS X, you will also be able to run NetZero. NetZero for the Mac will not work under OS 8 or earlier.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.