Find the answer to your Linux question:
Can anyone point me in the direction i need, as relates to access both windows independent (ie: wd live drive network version) & windows shared network drive like in xp, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Windows Networked Drives

Can anyone point me in the direction i need, as relates to access both windows independent (ie: wd live drive network version) & windows shared network drive like in xp, higher or lower. any help would be appreciated. thank you!!!

You can probably achieve this for the Windwos network drives using the Samba package. You can look down the capabilities of this at the official samba website: Samba - opening windows to a wider world

I'm unfamiliar with the Live Drive stuff - perhaps it has an NFS share option?
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

I am so lost

Setting up the live drives i did in a snap. I still have no idea what they are talking about & how to setup and use samba using kde i cant fond a good video or anything please someone help with step by step directions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dureal99d View Post
    Setting up the live drives i did in a snap. I still have no idea what they are talking about & how to setup and use samba using kde i cant fond a good video or anything please someone help with step by step directions!!!
    I have managed to figure this out in windows you would use a \\blazablaza however in Linux kde you use a smb://blazablaza its kinda crazy but hey it works. Now if i could just figure out how to make video files work when i attempt to stream them from a windows station.