Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
Originally Posted by cynwulf I agree, though it's very early days for both of those forks. People are reluctant to take them up in case the projects get abandoned (happens ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by cynwulf View Post
    I agree, though it's very early days for both of those forks. People are reluctant to take them up in case the projects get abandoned (happens a lot - especially with forks). Distros are reluctant to include them as they're still based on obsolete software (last time I checked, MATE still depends on gtk2 and bonobo?).
    Totally True... I think that MATE and Trinity would get a huge boost if they provide something more to them. By more i mean functionality (not eye-candy) improved performance, maybe even compatibility layers with the current GNOME Shell and Unity Shell (Unity2d shell) as 2d is practically the same with lower resource usage. Even as you said upgrading the software to the latest i reckon would help.

Linux Guru
    My Mate Desktop in Antix

Screenshot

I run Fluxbox though with LXpanels as the default in my ~/.xinitrc file with Slim Login Manager.

Screenshot
    Roxoff likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rokytnji View Post
    My Mate Desktop in Antix

Screenshot

I run Fluxbox though with LXpanels as the default in my ~/.xinitrc file with Slim Login Manager.

Screenshot
    Well now we know what your hobbies are - I thought this thread was about desktops without such an emphasis on eye-candy.

I think my wife is going mad - she took a look at those and said they were pictures of motorbikes. I stared at them for ages, but I couldn't see any. I think I need to print those pictures out A3 size and study them closely.

Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxoff View Post
    Well now we know what your hobbies are - I thought this thread was about desktops without such an emphasis on eye-candy.

I think my wife is going mad - she took a look at those and said they were pictures of motorbikes. I stared at them for ages, but I couldn't see any. I think I need to print those pictures out A3 size and study them closely.

There were bikes there... took me a few views to notice that they are the same one.

...I think.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    There were bikes there... took me a few views to notice that they are the same one.

...I think.
    It's all the same (even the females), just different positions (gee that doesn't come of like a sexual innuendo at all!)

Linux Guru
    I guess I SHOULD HAVE MENTIONED my Antix Motorcycle Cycle shop Desktop. The wife has no say when it comes to how I run my shop.

Quote Originally Posted by rokytnji View Post
    I guess I SHOULD HAVE MENTIONED my Antix Motorcycle Cycle shop Desktop.
    No need to mention it...
    Trust me when I say that we noticed it on our own!
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2