Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
The statement "So simple, only a child can do it" comes to mind here... This is why we have hammers and chisels. Glad you got it working, Hazel. Add your ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.

The statement "So simple, only a child can do it" comes to mind here... This is why we have hammers and chisels. Glad you got it working, Hazel. Add your time value to return to the store to the price of the "low cost" alternative, and you will probably find that purchasing the original manufacturer's product would not have been quite so "expensive".
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

My time has no monetary value. I'm retired, remember. And, like most elderly people, I need to be prudent in spending my money; I don't have all that much of it!
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by hazel View Post
    My time has no monetary value. I'm retired, remember. And, like most elderly people, I need to be prudent in spending my money; I don't have all that much of it!
    Haz, I think you sell yourself short! From what I have seen/read, you would be an asset to many software development organizations! I should be retired as well, but I started working at the beginning of the year with a large group of young software engineers, and am loving every minute of it!
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Quote Originally Posted by hazel View Post
    Childproof medicine containers (and those for household chemicals) are a nightmare for me. Having got one open, I only close it loosely afterwards, which is probably not very healthy.
    I thought that senior citizens could ask their chemist for medicines without the child-proof caps? We live in a 'health and safety gone mad' era - it's neither healthy nor safe if you can't get the lid off your bottle of arthritis pills (for example).

Back to the original subject, I did consider posting here that removing the plastic ribbon from your printer cartridges can be done by soaking the cartridge in boiling water for a couple of minutes, or by just running it under the hot tap... but I figured that someone might actually try that and I chickened out on heath and safety grounds.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

oz
    forum.guy
    Many products these days are becoming so difficult to remove from their packaging that some retailers are starting to provide alternative packaging options, such as with the following example:

Frustration-Free Packaging FAQs

Perhaps it's more a gimmick than anything else, but I've not tried it so can't say for sure.
    oz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2