• gedit

5 22.73%
  • KEdit/Kate

3 13.64%
  • Other

4 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
I use vi/vim most of the time. It's something that every *nix admin needs to know how to use, because a lot of those other editors aren't included in default ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

I use vi/vim most of the time. It's something that every *nix admin needs to know how to use, because a lot of those other editors aren't included in default packages, and you can't just go installing stuff on production machines to edit 1 .conf

Just Joined!
    SUcommanderXer 01-11-2009 particularly in Linux since i can run shell scripts and write them,
    Kwrite is its only compare in my usage.
    nicephotog-jsp.net/SUcommanderXer-Last-Pre-Beta.jsp
    besides that, i wrote SUcommanderXer for me also!

Quote Originally Posted by hazel View Post
    I deliberately didn't include geany because I regard it as an IDE, not a workhorse editor. I use geany for all my programming; it's better than gvim for that because it shows multiple program files simultaneously and allows you to jump to any given function. But I still swear by gvim for all other uses.
    I've gone for vim and kate. I basically work with the terminal all the time, and every time I need to do something quick the first command I key in is vim. However when it's more complex work I need to be doing, such as coding for my personal operating system project, I use kate, primarilly for its sessions and support for vim keys. I've even gone so far as to bind the ctrl+alt+k combination to start kate, which then asks me which session I want to start.

I don't really need to automatically switch between source files when trying to find a function. I like grep better because it you keep track of where your files are at, and in whether or not they should be moved out to another module.
    Full time computer science student, spare time OS developer.
    @bemk92 on twitter.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3