Find the answer to your Linux question:
GIMP - Release Notes for GIMP 2.8 This is an important release for many because this version finally gives users an option for "single-window" mode. Of course, if you prefer ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

Thumbs up GIMP 2.8 Released

GIMP - Release Notes for GIMP 2.8

This is an important release for many because this version finally gives users an option for "single-window" mode. Of course, if you prefer GIMP in multiple-window mode, that option continues to be available.
    oz

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Thanks for the update Oz. This single-window mode may help people migrating from Photoshop in that it can be made more familiar to them.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

oz
    forum.guy
    Right... I finally got used to the multiple-window mode but do remember the first time I ever opened GIMP. All those windows opened on the desktop and I felt immediately confused and a bit overwhelmed. Having the new single-window option should help lots of new GIMP users, and it will probably make some long time GIMP users very happy.
    oz

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    In my 10+ using Linux, the GIMP UI has been one of the things that has aggravated me the most. I am glad someone finally came to their senses and gave us an option for single Window mode.