Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a job writing articles and reviews about Linux gaming, and I want to write an article about how to modify/update a computer for the best Linux gaming experience. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

My job in Linux Gaming

I have a job writing articles and reviews about Linux gaming, and I want to write an article about how to modify/update a computer for the best Linux gaming experience. I need to cover hardware, software, programs, and anything else that can improve the gaming experience in terms of speed, graphics, etc. Anyone whose ideas I use will be mentioned as a source in this article on Examiner.com

Linux Engineer
    For best graphics performance, it's best to install OEM graphics drivers. These can be obtained as binary installers from the manufacturer's website.
    Other than that, normal computer gaming rules apply: More CPU, RAM, etc = better performance.

Also, when selecting a video card, if the benchmarks are available, choose the video card with the best OpenGL support. Where as DirectX performance is generally the biggest deciding factor in MS systems, OpenGL is used primarily in Linux.