Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Let's see: i can listen to kreator, testament, blind guardian, death, dark tranquillity, at the gates, in flames, pantera, slayer, iced earth, angel dust, but i would have to admit ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Let's see: i can listen to kreator, testament, blind guardian, death, dark tranquillity, at the gates, in flames, pantera, slayer, iced earth, angel dust, but i would have to admit that my favorite of all times would be classical rock called: THE DOORS.

Linux Newbie
    Alternative country(Robert Earl Keen, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Red Dirt Rangers, Bruce Robison, Charlie Robison, Kelli Willis, Rosie Flores, Pat Green)
    Southern Rock
    Classical Fusion(Bond, Yani, Aphex Twin)
    Classic Rock
    OH NOOOOO!!!!!! You did it the way I said?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by sheds
    i would have to admit that my favorite of all times would be classical rock called: THE DOORS.
    AMEN!!!!!!!!!111!!!!ONE!!!!

Just Joined!
    Ugo, don't have a favourite classical artist but I admire many, eg Rattle, Agerich, Haitink. I buy CDs based on the performances rather than the names (or labels) but i do go to concerts because of who is performing. Most classical fans will tell you that it is better to hear a second (or even third) rate conductor and orchestra give a first rate performance than a first rate conductor and orchestra give a second rate one but of course you can't guarantee what a live performance will be like. I've left feeling disappointed after some concerts but left others feeling I'm floating.

I have favourite works and composers. I think I listen most often to Beethoven, Sibelius, Vaughan Williams and Brahms.

My favourite symphony is Beethoven's Third, 'Eroica'. My favourite Piano Concerto (which I admit is not the 'best' piano concerto ) is Brahm's First. Favourite violin concerto is the Brahms. Favourite chamber work is Schubert's String Quintet in C (but I don't know all that many).

I have tried to but failed to like opera and most of Mahler's symphonies.

I don't mind what category music might be in only that I like it. There was a song by The All Seeing Eye released about five years ago called 'Walk like A Panther' that I liked because of it's wonderful rhythms.

Am hopelessly out of touch.

Please tell me (really, i want to know) what is house music and what is garage music.?

Banned
    already been done but so
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/pos...hlight=#130192

rock/heavymetal/dance

fav bands; Metalica, Children of Bodom, Slipknot, OOmph, rammstein, pantera rip dimebag

Linux Engineer
    i like trance and house music.
    1) PVD
    2) TIESTO
    3)and all the others....
    Linux For Ever!

Just Joined!
    punk/ska for the norm (reel big fish, less than jake, kemuri, green day, offspring)

classical for the inspiring times (beethovens 9th, 1812 overture, nobuo uematsu, hans zimmer, klaus badelt)

techno for the neutral times (random fast and upbeat songs)

metal for the irritated times (disturbed, nirvana, pm5k, mudvayne)

jazz/swing for that particular mood (stevie ray vaughn, miles davis, zz top, cowboy bebop soundtrack)

and anything else that just feels right.

Just Joined!

Listener of all Genres

I'm into pretty much all music. My particular likes are Opera (works by Puccini, esp. Performers : Maria Callas, Andrea Bocelli, Luciano Pavorratti, Sarah Brightman, Josh Groban). Big Band/Swing (even Neo-Swing) and I also enjoy dance/house/techno music. A little hip-hop, pop and r&b doesn't hurt every now and then. (Luther Vandross, Marvin Gaye, Michael McDonald) I despise bands that only speak of killing and death and suicide while performing. (Slipknot) Told you I was into pretty much everything.

Just Joined!
    i mainly listen to metal, grunge, alternative, hip hop and trance but i listen to anything really besides pop music
    my favorites are black sabaith, slipknot, tool, nirvana, cypresshill, deep purple and pink floyd

I like most music besides American Rap and Pop. Ironically, I rather enjoy Spanish rap.

Anyway, I'm a huge rock fan. My current gods of music are Manson and Rammstein. I also like Celtic music a lot. If you've ever heard of Emerald Rose or Hevia, I will love you forever.

I also like Classical. I like Beethoven and Brahms' Hungarian Dances a bunch. I'm currently ripping my 5-CD set of Beethoven's 9 Symphonies (for $7!!!).

Hrmm, a quick taste of what I've got in my car:

Enya (Paint the Sky With Stars, Watermark, A Day Without Rain)
    Manson (Lest We Forget, Antichrist Superstar, Holy Wood, Mechanical Animals)
    Rammstein (Live Aus Berlin, Herzeleid, Sehnsucht, Mutter, Reise Reise)
    Hevia (The Other Side, Tierra de Nadie)
    Emerald Rose (Bending Tradition, Fire in the Head)
    Trans-Siberian Orchestra (Beethoven's Last Night, Christmas Eve and Other Stories, The Christmas Attic, The Lost Christmas Eve)
    The Pogues (Rum Sodomy and the Lash, Streams of Whiskey)
    Flogging Molly (Swagger)
    The Pyrates Royale (Hello Sailor)
    Moby (Hotel)
    A Perfect Circle (eMotive)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast