Find the answer to your Linux question:
Here 's an amusing article I found via the Arch forums site. I hope we don't have any "help vampires" in this forum....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

We have vampires in our community!

Here's an amusing article I found via the Arch forums site. I hope we don't have any "help vampires" in this forum.
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com

Yes, we also have them here from time to time. I used to get irritated with new users coming over from Windows and wanted to tell them, "just do what I do and Google it!" I somewhat understand why they aren't conditioned to do this. Finding solutions to Windows problems is a nightmare. Everything you input into Google about your Windows issue returns pages of little utilities and programs someone tries to sell you to remedy your problem. This would drive anyone crazy. It takes a while, but eventually they learn they can Google with abandon for solutions to Linux problems and actually find them. Overall though, I try to steer them in the right direction and hopefully they'll want to solve their issue enough to put some work into it. When they start asking questions like... "how do I edit a file?" I'll give them links to where they can find answers. In time, they learn they can find these sites on their on.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here