Find the answer to your Linux question:
The Martian government declared war on Earth earlier today when in an unfortunate juxtaposition of events, Curiosity did indeed kill the cat... Sorry couldn't help myself but how cool and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Either at home or at work or down the pub

Breaking news...

The Martian government declared war on Earth earlier today when in an unfortunate juxtaposition of events, Curiosity did indeed kill the cat...

Sorry couldn't help myself but how cool and exciting is a probe being lowered on to Mars by a sky crane?

pics
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

Conkybots: Interactive plugins for your Conkys!

I think this is going to turn out to be an extraordinary event. I hope something amazing happens. It's really hard to get a lander on Mars....maybe this landing will help turn that tide.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Truly some remarkable engineering work! My hat's off to the boffins at NASA, JPL, and all the others involved with this mission! Great work folks!
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    The Martian government declared war on Earth earlier today when in an unfortunate juxtaposition of events, Curiosity did indeed kill the cat...

Sorry couldn't help myself but how cool and exciting is a probe being lowered on to Mars by a sky crane?

pics
    So Elija, what does a Martian cat look like? And do they have 9 lives like ours do?

I think the first living entity they find on Mars should be named... "Marvin." I stayed up until 3 AM EDT watching the coverage. Man, that was indeed seven minutes of terror! So many things had to go perfectly for there to be a touch down of Curiosity and they did it! It was a very impressive feat! Can't wait for the pictures!
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

If they got a picture of Marvin, I hope they found one of Duck Dodgers also! Of course, his space ship would be a crumpled mess after crash landing somewhere over by that mountain - his space crane probably didn't work so well!

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    So Elija, what does a Martian cat look like? And do they have 9 lives like ours do?
    Kind of like ours but with six legs and strangely Romanesque helmets...

Curiosity has been doing experiments on the way. The radiation shielding is about the same as would be on a manned craft so it's been transmitting back very useful data (link) It makes truly realise that I'm living in the future of my childhood.

Don't know if you have seen these: one and two
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

Conkybots: Interactive plugins for your Conkys!