Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm new user to the Linux Forum. I hoe that the forum will help me find my way with all the Linux/Unix flavors. The question that I have here ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exceed Usage help

Hi,

I'm new user to the Linux Forum. I hoe that the forum will help me find my way with all the Linux/Unix flavors.

The question that I have here is;
    I am working on a machine connected through VPN Client. I am try to connect to a Red Hat machine using Exceed. I have set the display on the windows command prompt after telnet to the machine.
    Now my question is, Can I launch the required application on my machine using Exceed? And how do I do that?

Anticipating help from you folks.
    --
    Thanks,
    MJ

Trusted Penguin
    It's been a while since I've used Hummingbird Exceed, but I believe you just have to make sure the X server is started. There should be an application launcher shortcut in the Start menu somewhere. The other thing to do is set the DISPLAY variable in your telnet session but you've said you've done that. To confirm that, try this:

Code:
    echo $DISPLAY
    What does it tell you?

Anyway, if it is working, then just run the command that launches the GUI and the application's window should be exported back to the local host.