Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hi, I am working on netgear wireless router in windows.I wanted to restore router configuration automatically as soon as i login into it...I have used restore command but its not ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Banned

Restore a netgear wireless router configuration file...

Hi,
    I am working on netgear wireless router in windows.I wanted to restore router configuration automatically as soon as i login into it...I have used restore command but its not useful .So can anyone please suggest me any commands or code to proceed further........Thanks in advance........

Linux Newbie
    Hi. Sorry but you are on the wrong forum. This forum is about Linux. For Netgear support, please contact netgear (who else ?)

Normally you'd restore the configuration through the web user interface provided by your router. I think you might be in the wrong place to be asking how it can be done more automatically from Windwos.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Banned

URL for login into router

Hi,
    I am working on netgear wireless router.I am able to login into it through manually but i wanted to login through URL.So please can anybody suggest the URL to login into router.......Thanks in advance....Please its urgent...........

Usually http://<router_ip>/ should do. If you don't know your routers IP you may be able to find out using a tool like nmap. nmap can send a ping to a whole subnet and determine this way the hosts that are within a subnet.

Banned
    Thanks for reply...I am able to login through ipaddress but i want to login directly to setting webpage without asking username and password.So is there any url which logins directly to setting page.........

That would probably depend on the router model. Maybe the customer support of the routers manufacturer can answer that question, but I can't.

No.

Even when you log in to a netgear using a URL instead of an IP you still have to input the user name and password before it will let you in to the configuration browser page. And you wouldn't want it any other way. If you could bypass the secure log in then so could every butthead on the planet. You'd be pwnd by some 8 year old in Kazakhstan about 20 seconds after you plugged your router in to your net connection.

Of course, if you have some kind of weird fetish for running a compromised system you can always reflash it with a custom set up that let's anybody in the world take remote control of it. But, you could brick it in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven_G View Post
    Even when you log in to a netgear using a URL instead of an IP you still have to input the user name and password before it will let you in to the configuration browser page.
    Everyone should be allowed to choose by himself what "secure" means for him. And of course there is still the point where security may already be provided by another instance. For example if the intranet is protected by fancy security doors and only authorized persons can pass those doors it makes sense to not secure inner systems to improve usability.

Cheers

Reset it to factory settings. How one can do that is written down in the manual.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast