Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I have given up buying computers designed for the retail market and now buy ex-business type laptops on eBay such as the Dell D630. In our house we have three ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I have given up buying computers designed for the retail market and now buy ex-business type laptops on eBay such as the Dell D630. In our house we have three Dell D630 laptops running Mint 13 and they connect through a docking station to an external monitor when required. Such machines in very good condition are readily available on eBay and the price is around 100 to 120. They are sturdier than retail type machines and although they are a few years old the specifications are more than adequate to run Mint 13 very successfully.

I know buying computers on eBay is a bit risky but I have replaced a PC and two laptops with these three machines and the total cost was less than the cost of one machine in PC World. I much prefer this set up rather than the previous high cost retail machines which are designed to fail after a few years.

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Quote Originally Posted by rokytnji View Post
    Does not look like it Elija but I could be wrong. Would not be the first time I was Mistaken. I bet they ship to England though.

Commodore USA Store
    It's a pity they are so expensive - if they were a bit cheaper then I would get one; about 1500 for that spec (with a 600GB SSD) is too high
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2