Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Friends, am using montavista in embedded system. I am trying to read data from /dev/usb/hiddev0 while swiping mag swipe card in mag swipe reader. But it throwing junk values. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Thumbs down cat /dev/usb/hiddev0 throwing Junk Values

Hi Friends, am using montavista in embedded system. I am trying to read data from /dev/usb/hiddev0 while swiping mag swipe card in mag swipe reader. But it throwing junk values.

Same scenario while I am trying with SL 6 am able to read card data correctly.

Also, in SL 6 I can able to see /dev/hidraw... but in case of montavista I can't.

I googled lot to find solution But I can't.. anyone pls help me what is the cause for this issue and how can I will get out from issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sridhar_C View Post
    Hi Friends, am using montavista in embedded system. I am trying to read data from /dev/usb/hiddev0 while swiping mag swipe card in mag swipe reader. But it throwing junk values.

Same scenario while I am trying with SL 6 am able to read card data correctly.

Also, in SL 6 I can able to see /dev/hidraw... but in case of montavista I can't.

I googled lot to find solution But I can't.. anyone pls help me what is the cause for this issue and how can I will get out from issue.
    Have you checked the repos for Montavista and that you have the right packages installed to read a mag swipe card.

That would be the first thing i would check.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by SL6-A1000 View Post
    Have you checked the repos for Montavista and that you have the right packages installed to read a mag swipe card.

That would be the first thing i would check.
    Thank dude. I found that by default musb_hdrc.ko module is loaded as

usb 1-1.3: new full speed USB device using musb_hdrc and address 5
    usb 1-1.3: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
    hiddev96: USB HID v1.11 Device [IDTECH IDTECH MiniMag II USB-HID Reader] on usb-musb_hdrc-1.3

and kernel version is 2.6.18

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close