Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Everyone, I'm new here and I am curious about how to put colors on my ssh. I am using putty and tried to follow some forums in changing the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Pai
    Just Joined!

Red face SSH colors

Hi Everyone, I'm new here and I am curious about how to put colors on my ssh. I am using putty and tried to follow some forums in changing the color of my ssh but in no luck. Any Idea? I am using Debian GNU/Linux

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by Pai View Post
    Hi Everyone, I'm new here and I am curious about how to put colors on my ssh. I am using putty and tried to follow some forums in changing the color of my ssh but in no luck. Any Idea? I am using Debian GNU/Linux
    It depends on what you mean by "colors on ssh", can you expand? If you are using putty, you can use the Putty Configuration tool (under Windows > Colours) to change foreground/background color and cursor.

You don't really change colors in ssh, per se. You change them in the terminal, provided that is supports it. The best way to do that is by using .Xresources/.Xdefaults files, but that requires some sort of X server, which you wouldn't be using w/putty.

Also, some linux commands support colorized output, too, e.g.:

Code:
    ls -l --color /
    Code:
    uname -a|grep -i --color linux