Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello guys, I just want to say that I am really happy I found the bravery in my heart to get rid of Windows (it's one year already!!) and use ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Red face One year using Linux

Hello guys,
    I just want to say that I am really happy I found the bravery in my heart to get rid of Windows (it's one year already!!) and use only Linux. I have now two distros on my pc: Ubuntu 12.10 and Linux Mint. I like alot Mint: it feels less heavy than Ubuntu.....
    Anyway, it's great to be part of this fantastic community, whose ideals I always admired but never had the 'gut' to be a penguin. I used Windows since WIndows 3.1 to Windows XP, then, one day.....

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by agasp68 View Post
    I just want to say that I am really happy I found the bravery in my heart to get rid of Windows (it's one year already!!) and use only Linux.
    Congratulations... it feels kind of good to break yourself free from being chained to Windows, doesn't it?
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    Congratulations... it feels kind of good to break yourself free from being chained to Windows, doesn't it?
    oh yes! I never had any regret. I had to struggle the first days (for small things like to learn how to use the terminal and other things Windows doesn't have or have very different). But even in the most frustrating moments, when something just seemed it would never work, I never thought "I miss Windows". Never.
    I am now trying to convince as many friends as possible to switch to Linux (I am using Linux Mint now and I love it). It's not easy, because people is used to decades of Windows.

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    Congrats and hope you keep enjoying Linux. I'm glad that you didn't give up in the early days, because once you understand how things work, its a very good operating system that you can customise and personalise to your own needs.

Congratulations on your milestone.
    Registered Linux user #526930