Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everyone, I was wondering if there were any online courses/interactive programs to help learn about Bash such as LearnStreet for Python, Ruby, and Javascript. If not, what are some ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Any good Bash references?

Hello everyone, I was wondering if there were any online courses/interactive programs to help learn about Bash such as LearnStreet for Python, Ruby, and Javascript. If not, what are some good books for beginners? Thank you.

Just Joined!
    AlanR917,
    I don't have 15 posts yet, so I can't post links, but I can tell you that you would be surpised how much you can find with a google search for "bash tutorials". Most of the results are not quite like LearnStreet, but if you've already done a few LearnStreet tutorials, I'd guess you probably know enough computing lingo to learn something from non-interactive tutorials.

You should also be aware that, although you can script in bash, it is a shell, not a programming language. Scripting languages like Perl can do what bash does and much more.

You can find bash scripting in most books that involve Linux, so if you buy a Linux getting started book, it will most likely have (at least) a chapter on bash or simlilar shells.

Just Joined!
    As far as books, checkout "Learning the bash Shell: Unix Shell Programming (In a Nutshell (O'Reilly)"

Also there's a bunch of bash wallpapers and pdfs around as per post above mine. If you are on Android the play store has useful references as well.

Good luck!