Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree4Likes
An online resource that also has a book should you prefer is Linuxcommand.org ....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Either at home or at work or down the pub

An online resource that also has a book should you prefer is Linuxcommand.org.
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

Conkybots: Interactive plugins for your Conkys!

man is your friend

Linux Newbie
    I keep backup images of important things and redundancy wherever possible. I have two portable systems plus a netbook and a smart phone, so if any one of them fails, I have alternatives. I have more than a half dozen system images on each portable system, and I have an external USB drive with local backup copies, plus plenty of things saved in various network locations. So no one single point of failure knocks me out completely; at most, I lose a few things.

Command-wise, I know what I am doing; I've actually DELIBERATELY wiped out systems in the past using the famous root command rm -rf /. You can use dd to wipe out the drive too, if you are going to replace its contents!
    Brian Masinick
    masinick AT yahoo DOT com

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    Although Mr. Stephenson's book is nicely written about computer history; it does contain any terminal codes.
    I should have asked at LF before buying his book.
    I picked-up a copy about three years ago (paperback), and downloaded the text-file from Stephenson's website*, converted to EPUB with Calibre, and read it off my Android devices. Pretty amazing incites for a book written long before the dawn of the iPhone. At the end of reading it, you're going to look at almost any Word-Processor and think, "no," and begin to use a text-editor. Love this book!

*Aside from a few Geeks and college students, there's not enough market for this book to make money. That's why he does sci-fi.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3