Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I have 256 MB of RAM and can provide 3 GB of disk space so I'm an ideal client. Just guessing from what I know about you Hazel. I would ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I have 256 MB of RAM and can provide 3 GB of disk space so I'm an ideal client.
    Just guessing from what I know about you Hazel. I would recommend a core or base iso install. Core being mainly a Debian net type of install with more tools. You will need to install xserver-xorg and a desktop in it. Base iso comes with fluxbox and Iceweasel and Flash and flashblocker.

Full iso weighs in at 2gigs after install. So that is why I am sticking my big nose in here. Up to you though. I know my wife does not always listen
    to me so no biggy if you blow me off.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Quote Originally Posted by rokytnji View Post
    Just guessing from what I know about you Hazel. I would recommend a core or base iso install. Core being mainly a Debian net type of install with more tools. You will need to install xserver-xorg and a desktop in it. Base iso comes with fluxbox and Iceweasel and Flash and flashblocker.

Full iso weighs in at 2gigs after install. So that is why I am sticking my big nose in here. Up to you though. I know my wife does not always listen
    to me so no biggy if you blow me off.
    Don't say "blow me off", Roky. It means something different on this side of the water, something I wouldn't dream of doing to anyone!

Anyway, your advice is good. I do like basic installations that I can build on. I did a net install of Debian, and of course Crux and Arch both install that way by default.

I'm not going to install AntiX right now because I've just taken on one of those big translation jobs for ODF authors (though not as big as the last one - 25 pages against 75). But when I've finished that, I'll definitely try it out.
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2