Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes
Code: /usr/bin/ld: xtypes.o: undefined reference to symbol 'dlsym@@GLIBC_2.2.5' /usr/bin/ld: note: 'dlsym@@GLIBC_2.2.5' is defined in DSO /lib64/libdl.so.2 so try adding it to the linker command line /lib64/libdl.so.2: could not read symbols: ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

Code:
    /usr/bin/ld: xtypes.o: undefined reference to symbol 'dlsym@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
    /usr/bin/ld: note: 'dlsym@@GLIBC_2.2.5' is defined in DSO /lib64/libdl.so.2 so try adding it to the linker command line
    /lib64/libdl.so.2: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [ROX-Filer] Error 1
    Compile failed
    Press Return...
    oz

Well, that's real clear. lol! I know you like ROX but PCmanFM compiled pretty easily for me last go round.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I know you like ROX but PCmanFM compiled pretty easily for me last go round.
    I'm using MC at the moment but did install PCmanFM a couple of days ago and it is my second choice when it comes to GUI file managers. I'll end up using one of the three, but would prefer ROX if I can get it installed with prt-get or pkgadd without too much trouble.

Edit: I went ahead and edited the Pkgfile for ROX and got it to install properly.
    Last edited by oz; 10-30-2012 at 01:20 AM.
    Dapper Dan likes this.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    CRUX used to boot really fast with its bsd-stye initialization scripts and it still is fast, but now that Arch has moved from its sysv-style initialization routine to systemd, Arch is the clear winner for boot/reboot speed, or at least that's so when they are compared on my boxes. I'm wondering if the CRUX devs will eventually switch to systemd as well?
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    G'morning, Dan!

Unfortunately, quite a few ports currently have problems with their Pkgbuild files concerning library linking issues just like the Rox Pkgfile mentioned above. I've run into this issue with at least half a dozen of my favorite apps. In fact, I believe you will run find the same things is the case with IceWM if that's what you decide to install. Editing the file and then recompiling has cleared up the errors, but it's still a hassle to have to do it.

Good luck with your own install...
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    Oz, I'm all set. I bought one TB Sata drive today and will replace my present drive with it and install Mint 13 Mate and Grub. After this, I'll add the first drive and transfer /home directory stuff over to new drive. I'll put CRUX 2.8 on a partition on the new drive and play with it in my spare time.
    Good morning, Dapper Dan!

It's been a couple of weeks since you posted about the new hard drive, so I'm wondering if you ever got CRUX 2.8 installed onto it, and if so, did you run into any issues before or after the install?
    oz

Hi oz. Work, work, work and I haven't had a chance to do a thing I'm just getting past my busiest time of the year so hopefully I'll get a chance to install the drive and 2.8 shortly after that. I used to think the older one got, the easier life became. Boy, was I wrong! lol!

oz
    forum.guy
    Hi oz. Work, work, work and I haven't had a chance to do a thing I'm just getting past my busiest time of the year so hopefully I'll get a chance to install the drive and 2.8 shortly after that. I used to think the older one got, the easier life became. Boy, was I wrong! lol!
    Well, don't work too hard, Dan, and I hope you are able to get some free time to begin playing with it soon!

I'm still using it here and enjoying it quite a lot, but that "almost 4 hours compile time" for the new Firefox release a day or two ago nearly wiped me out!

It's a good thing that I left it to do its thing for part of it while watching a movie, or else it might have turned me off. I don't mind heavy screen time for good entertainment, but don't find watching code whizzing by on the screen for hours and hours to be all that much fun. My Arch boxes are all kept updated daily, seeing as how Arch is a rolling release with binaries, but I've been letting some port updates slide on Crux and FreeBSD due to those potentially long compile times.

On the other hand, it's nearly always when doing package updates that something breaks, so not compiling updated ports every day can be a good thing.
    oz

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3