Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
It is early Wednesday morning and I have survived Frankenstorm Sandy. The electric power went out at 8:12PM on Monday and it just came back on. I consider myself real ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Surviving Sandy!

It is early Wednesday morning and I have survived Frankenstorm Sandy. The electric power went out at 8:12PM on Monday and it just came back on. I consider myself real lucky because a lot of people lost everything that they owned. We had our butts whipped this time!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Linux Guru
    Was afeared for you as I know Staten Island was hammered badly. Glad to hear you are OK and warm.

Lucky, you are going to have to come up with another name. This last few months you have been anything but lucky! glad you survived.
    Registered Linux user #526930

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Mason I was not expected to live past 25 and here i am at 68. I have had a lot of problems but my Guardian Angel
    has kept me going. In my youth I got " Good Citizenship Awards " for going out and saving people's lives during
    blizzards. However with Sandy all I could do was stay in my apartment and listen to the massive tragedies that
    had befallen some people. At the Mall today a woman collapsed on the sidewalk because her home had been destroyed.

There were police cars and police officers all over a gas station to stop the fights. There was one line of cars for gas and
    one line of people with their plastic containers lined up for blocks on end to get gasoline. At least some people are now
    contemplating that revised thinking has to go into safeguarding from these superstorms that are not occuring once a
    century but every two years now!!
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Me too Lucky! I was worried about you, getting run over by a train like that! Been so busy with work (it's after 7pm and I am still in the office) that I plum forgot to drop you a line (and possibly a hook as well)...

Later. -Rubberman
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

I was also worried about you Lucky. Glad to know that you are fine.

* Moved thread to Coffee Lounge.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    It is early Wednesday morning and I have survived Frankenstorm Sandy. The electric power went out at 8:12PM on Monday and it just came back on. I consider myself real lucky because a lot of people lost everything that they owned. We had our butts whipped this time!
    Cousin Lucky, I am thankful that you are a survivor, and I pray for the survivors who know others who were not as fortunate, and also for those who are so despondent that they have stooped to low points in their lives, doing desperate things that they perhaps would not normally do. Many prayers at many levels for the countless people who have been affected. May peace and comfort guide and guard over those who battle, and serenity take the place of despair and acts of hopelessness. We need one another to help one another and build each other up in times like this!
    Brian Masinick
    masinick AT yahoo DOT com

It seems like every day more bodies are being discovered and more heartbreaking stories pierce our souls!

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20121102/DA29Q1D02.html
    Last edited by cousinlucky; 11-02-2012 at 12:10 PM.
    Linux user # 414321

Hey there, Lucky! I was hoping that all would be well on your end of the storm.
    A little trivia... the storm was bad enough that the weather society is going to retire the name Sandy.
    That in itself proves that you, and most of the upper Eastern seaboard, really got a smacking this week!
    Really glad to hear that you saw it through.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Hopefully, Developers and Speculators will stop building houses in Staten Island swamplands inviting unaware people to die!!
    Linux user # 414321

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast