Find the answer to your Linux question:
To the Admins, I'm wondering what license the rules/regulations of LinuxForums are? I'm a coordinator + soon to be moderator of the up and coming LibreOffice forums and have volunteered ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

License for Forum Rules

To the Admins,

I'm wondering what license the rules/regulations of LinuxForums are? I'm a coordinator + soon to be moderator of the up and coming LibreOffice forums and have volunteered to make the first draft of our rules/regulations. I'd like to take heavily from LinuxForums as you guys do a fantastic job or keeping the bs out of the forums while allowing a perfect amount of off topic conversations to keep the community close.

So,

1. Can I use the text that you have as the basis of our rules?
    2. Are there more rules (such as new membership agreement terms), that I can get my hands on and also take liberally from?

Best regards
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

To my knowledge, there really isn't any form of licensing on the Forum Rules. Looking around at other forums, they all have pretty similar rules laid out, and usually all try to point out basic web etiquette.
    So I don't see any reason why you couldn't use the rules here as a template.
    Aside from the general Rules, you might want to look at the Forum FAQ for a few ideas.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

I agree with jayd512.

Rules are almost same in most of the Forums. Difference is in the way Admin and Moderators implement those rules. A little bit of understanding and common sense is the key to manage Forums successfully. If any one breaks Forum Rules, you can be very harsh or a simple reminder can do the job.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

I think you'll also find that you will need to make up new rules or amend the old ones to suit changing conditions. You start with one or two rules and next thing you know you have a whole list of rules. Just try the KISS (Keep it simple, stupid) concept. The less rules, the easier it is to enforce them.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.