Find the answer to your Linux question:
Or am I just imagining it? It has been more buggy than an ant hill since I installed it. Is anyone else having problems?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy The Newest Edition of Firefox SUCKS....

Or am I just imagining it? It has been more buggy than an ant hill since I installed it. Is anyone else having problems?

Perhaps you'd care to define "Sucks and buggy"? Such broad claims and little facts can lead many people to not even read your post thinking maybe you're just ranting on about something that a lot of people actually like and use. Which Distro? Maybe your distro "Sucks and is buggy"? Which Desktop? It might be kinda sucky and buggy too.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    It could also be a problem with a plug in. Firebug for example seems to eat memory like it's going out of fashion!
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent

Just Joined!
    Firefox is usually my go to browser. I started using Mint some time back. After I had major issues with inserting media in forum posts with Mint, I got frustrated and tried a Fedora distro. Same problem. Thus, my conclusion is that Firefox is the problem. I have no idea what is causing it.

Aye - running Firefox 17 with Windwos 7 here at work and all is well. Since I updated a couple of days ago it's not missed a heartbeat. It didn't before then, with the 16 variant that I was using. Are you sure you've got the latest one?
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    What do you mean by inserting media? What do you mean by issues? Do you have an example?

I'm only using Iceweasel 10 here but I could probably test in a VM...
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent

I updates to FF17 just ours after it went live. I haven't seen any issues with its performance/behavior.
    Could you give a detailed description of what you're experiencing?
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldFalcon View Post
    Or am I just imagining it? It has been more buggy than an ant hill since I installed it. Is anyone else having problems?
    No problems with it here, and I've used it in Arch, Crux, and FreeBSD. I'd recommend closing Firefox, then renaming your hidden ~/.mozilla folder, and then opening Firefox again so that the folder can rebuild itself. If that fixes things, you can always reclaim your bookmarks from the renamed folder before deleting it. If it works fine and then goes haywire after adding any extensions, it might be one of those causing any issues.
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    If it works fine and then goes haywire after adding any extensions, it might be one of those causing any issues.
    Good point. Often times, plugin developers need a little time to get certain bugs worked out for new browser versions.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    I'm sorry everyone, I had it backwards. Apparently it hadn't been updated. I thought it had. A thousand apologies. Firefox is awesome.