Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Best linux distro for Java ,LAMP , eclipse and netbeans handling

Hi Guys.

Please kindly let me know which linux distro is good to run LAMP, JAVA , NETBEANS and ECLIPSE. i am a new guy in linux but want clean installation of the software for developement purpose so that in between application should not crash due to bad installations and can i be sure using linux insted of windows7 please tell me this based on the most number of users follow which distro for programming.

Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by akmonlinuxforums View Post
    Hi Guys.

Please kindly let me know which linux distro is good to run LAMP, JAVA , NETBEANS and ECLIPSE. i am a new guy in linux but want clean installation of the software for developement purpose so that in between application should not crash due to bad installations and can i be sure using linux insted of windows7 please tell me this based on the most number of users follow which distro for programming.

Thanks a lot.
    Hi

Maybe you should consider the target you'll be programming for. Is it for yourself only, or do you distribute your creation ? I think I would stick to a long support distro, like Ubuntu 12.04 or Linux Mint 13.