Find the answer to your Linux question:
For those of us that are not computer guru's!! Protect Your Personal Information From Being Revealed by Your Browser by M.D. Creekmore...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Firedox Privacy Settings

PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    Pretty good article even if you are security concious, a few things i didn't have lol. Mostly the config settings for firefox. Thanks cous

Some of those settings are old hat for me... but there were a few new tips in there, as well.
    Good find!
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I meant Firefox!! I have worn out the letter indicators on this keyboard; it's time for a new one!!
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid

Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    I meant Firefox!! I have worn out the letter indicators on this keyboard; it's time for a new one!!
    lol, i didn't even notice

Firedox sounds like an enticing piece of software actually. It makes me think of a desktop environment with a dock like OSX, DOS and the Firefox web browser.

oz
    forum.guy
    I've tried the noscript extension countless times and can never stick with it for more than a few days but do plan to try it again, so maybe it will appeal to me sooner or later. I'm already doing most of the other recommendations and then some.
    oz

I disike the ' Overbearingness " of the Firefox and Opers browsers on my computer. Firefox comes as a standard and I
    only use it for certain websites and never for email!! I mainly use Seamonkey and once in a while Konqueror. I use Galeon
    for my main website and Epiphany for Staten Island's local paper that is just teeming with ads. I guess it must be part of
    human nature for software developers to develop a " herding attitude " when their product gets widely used and they want
    to herd everyone into doing everything their way!!
    Linux user # 414321