Find the answer to your Linux question:
Besides being long time Linux user I am older then dirt and the wife says I spend so much time at my PC I will probably die here I have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Greeting from central Texas by long time Linux user

Besides being long time Linux user I am older then dirt and the wife says I spend so much time at my PC I will probably die here
    I have tried at one time or another probably 10-12 versions and presently my primary is Mint 14 and secondary Ubuntu 12.04. Recently acquired a legal XP Pro with product numbers so thought I would attempt it as guest on VB from Mint. Install went like a charm, but in spite of my dedicated endeavors I have not been able to get it to recognize my wireless network.
    Anyway glad to be part of the community and will come back to see whats happening. Take care and enjoy the season
    Allen

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome aboard... we seem to have quite a lot of Texans that gather here!
    oz

Linux Newbie
    I haven't tried to grant a VM direct access to networking devices (either wired of wireless) since I've never found it necessary. Instead I've just relied on VirtualBox's support for connecting the VM's virtual NIC to the host OS's network. The only tweaks I've found necessary are to make sure each VM has a unique MAC address and to set up the NIC to NIC mapping in "bridge" mode. Everything I've needed just worked after that, including the VM being able to use DHCP from the normal source (a wireless router) on my network.

So unless you specifically want to test using wireless device management in Windows, you should be able to let VirtualBox do the work.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Welcome to the forum from another Central Texan. Glad to have you join us. As Oz says, we seem to have quite a few Texans here, whether that's because we're freedom minded or too stubborn to put up with Windows I'll leave to you to answer.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Linux Guru
    Howdy and Welcome from West Texas.

Linux User

A little Texan joke

You probably heard this one already:

---

Texan: Where are you from?

Harvard grad: I come from a place where we do not end our sentences with prepositions.

Texan: Okay. Where are you from, jackass?

---

And howdy from Vancouver, where's it's raining and will be until April. Thank God for the internet.