Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm posting here in the Coffee Lounge while my coffee is cold and my pot is empty. I'm a mature student finally finishing a bachelors degree. I'm a long-time dual ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Introducing Thomas Sisson

I'm posting here in the Coffee Lounge while my coffee is cold and my pot is empty.

I'm a mature student finally finishing a bachelors degree. I'm a long-time dual boot user, though I almost exclusively use Linux. The university uses RedHat servers, but the VPN software they require is troublesome.

I'm running Kubuntu on my laptop and Debianwith LXDE on my old PC. I usually do fine, but I do occasionally have an issue. I do read the manual (RTM without the F), and I come to forums like this when I get stuck.

Kubuntu--Ubuntu with KDE--is almost too easy until something goes wrong. On the other hand, a pure Debian install is frustrating when it comes to certain hardware and the pure FLOSS philosophy. For instance, Iceweasel is outdated.

Tom

My profile on Facebook as thomas.sisson.1 is publicly visible and subscribable, but don't friend me unless you know me.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    So, what VPN software do they use? Myself, I run Scientific Linux 6 (an RHEL 6 clone) on my home system, and RHEL 6 on my work system. For VPN software, we use software that is either OpenVPN, or OpenVPN compatible, so using the openvpn client executable on Linux lets me connect to our servers without problem.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!