Find the answer to your Linux question:
My name is GerryQ and I am a new linux user. Just installed Zorin6 and have a few questions so I searched out your forum....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Hello All

My name is GerryQ and I am a new linux user. Just installed Zorin6 and have a few questions so I searched out your forum.

Linux User
    Awesome, and welcome to Linux Forums.org.

Ask away, and we'll do the best we can.

Peace and Cheer.

Just Joined!
    Thanks Miven,
    I am having trouble with a few things. The menu button keeps freezing up and I can't even change it from the zorin button to gnome to see if that one works better.
    If allowed to go idle for only a few minutes it will go to sleep and I have to use my password to get back on line.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    I'm assuming Zorin is some flavor of linux. You might have better luck with a more common distro.

Just Joined!
    I'm technically challenged. I got zorin OS6 because it's supposed to be fairly easy for windows users to adjust to.
    Zorin is linux, ubuntu based.

i've tried Zorin in the past, and liked it, but ran into some bugs on my system. You might prefer Mint, it is very nooby friendly. If you go to distrowatch.com and do a search for beginners. It will bring up beginner friendly distro's. On the right side of the home page is a list of the top 100 distro's based on # of downloads, so you can see how popular a given distro is.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Just Joined!

Thanks MASONTX

Quote Originally Posted by MASONTX View Post
    i've tried Zorin in the past, and liked it, but ran into some bugs on my system. You might prefer Mint, it is very nooby friendly. If you go to distrowatch.com and do a search for beginners. It will bring up beginner friendly distro's. On the right side of the home page is a list of the top 100 distro's based on # of downloads, so you can see how popular a given distro is.

I will check out that page. I really want to get away from windows but as I said, I'm severely tech challenged.