Find the answer to your Linux question:
Here is wishing everyone at Linux Forums ( except the dreaded spammers ) a Happy and Prosperous 2013!! May The Heavens Bring You Good Fortune!!...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

And A Happy And Blessed New Year LF Members!!

Here is wishing everyone at Linux Forums ( except the dreaded spammers ) a Happy and Prosperous 2013!! May The Heavens Bring You Good Fortune!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Thanks Lucky. Back atcha! We just got back Saturday from our trip to Mexico (Veracruz, Oaxaca, Mexico City) to visit family and friends, and to bring back some bottles of the family mescal (the still has been in the family for 4 generations). First went to Xalapa Veracruz to visit my sister and nephew for a few days, and then drove to Oaxcac for a great xmas celebration with my cousin Marichuy (a professor of chemical engineering at the Technical Institute of Oaxaca) and her family, and me, my wife, brother-in-law, his wife, and her two sisters. Lots of good food, tequila, mescal, wine, beer, and a couple of pinatas for the little ones to whack! We finished up the trip with a day in Mexico City with my niece, and two grand-nieces (age 12 and 15). Me and the four ladies - shopping (me carrying the purchased goods), eating (4 adults and 5 kids - we were joined by the family of my oldest grand-niece's boyfriend), and just walking around visiting. I spent my last pesos on a nice pair of hand-made sandals, though except for around the house, I won't be able to wear them outside for a few months yet!
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

I'm glad you had a great time, Rubberman!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

A Happy New Year to you too, Lucky.
    And to everyone here, as well.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Linux User
    ...And may the cleverness continue throughout the next Mayan epoch. Happy New Year, compatriots. The days are now getting longer (for us in the northern hemisphere, that is). Bikini weather for those in the southern hemisphere.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miven View Post
    ...And may the cleverness continue throughout the next Mayan epoch. Happy New Year, compatriots. The days are now getting longer (for us in the northern hemisphere, that is). Bikini weather for those in the southern hemisphere.
    Well, we were in Maya country (Oaxaca) for the "End of Days". Went to bed, and woke up in a new universe! The funny thing is, is that it looks just like the old one! I'll have to consult with the family shamaness (a real Mexican curandera - my niece's sister-in-law) to see why that may be...
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

A happy new year to all tux enthusiasts. Bikini weather indeed here in the south; in fact you neeed to watch your skin. 44 C expected in Victoria today. Although where I live in the central tablelands last night went down to 10 C to rise again to the mid 30s in the daytime because it has been very dry for the last few months; waiting for the monsoon to come this far south.
    The forum has been a delight to get problems solved and as we all know nothing is perfect. But that is the challenge. It keeps the brain from falling into dementia.
    All the best
    fen