Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
For those of you who like them, and have the channel... Turner Classic Movies is going to have quite a few goodies on this weekend. Several films each for Humphrey ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

For those of you who like them, and have the channel... Turner Classic Movies is going to have quite a few goodies on this weekend.
    Several films each for Humphrey Bogart and Errol Flynn.

Looking forward to seeing The Maltese Falcon again.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    For those of you who like them, and have the channel... Turner Classic Movies is going to have quite a few goodies on this weekend.
    Several films each for Humphrey Bogart and Errol Flynn.
    Thanks for the alert!

You know, I never had a real appreciation for Bogart until I saw him in The African Queen:

The African Queen (1951) - IMDb

From then on, I've liked him in pretty much everything!
    oz

African Queen is one of the best.
    Jay

New Member FAQ
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    Is there anybody here that has seen Zero Dark Thirty or Django Unchained yet?

Zero Dark Thirty (2012) - IMDb

Django Unchained (2012) - IMDb

The blu-ray versions of both films are due out within the next couple of months, but I'll wait a while for a better deal before purchasing them if they aren't as good as many of the professional reviewers have thought them to be.

Thanks for any opinions from other commoners...
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    I watched one yesterday afternoon from 2003 called Secondhand Lions:

Secondhand Lions (2003) - IMDb

It wasn't a great movie but it was a good family film. Listening to MIchael Caine attempt a Texas accent was fun, and he and Robert Duvall worked quite well together on screen. Even my wife liked this one and she's a fan of very few movies.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    Just finished watching Safe with Jason Statham:

Safe (2012) - IMDb

It's not a great flick but there's plenty of action that should hold your attention, and it's probably worth at least a rental. The 6.5 rating from viewers at the database linked above seems fairly accurate in my opinion.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    After recently finding a great deal on a blu-ray collection containing all seven of the Harry Potter movies, I started the task of watching them last night and now have the first one, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, out of the way:

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001) - IMDb

I originally saw this film not long after it first came out but was a bit disappointed, probably because I tried to compare it with The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring which was released about one month later. Sorcerer's Stone is certainly not a bad movie, but it didn't strike me as great as it did many of its fans. I'd personally give it a score of about 6.5 which is lower than that shown on the database above, but I'm still looking forward to seeing the other six films and hope that one or more of them will turn me into a real Harry Potter fan. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone is definitely a movie worthy of recommending to others.
    oz

I liked all of the Harry Potter movies. I didn't think that any of them were great, but thoroughly enjoyable films.
    The special effects used were really well done in all of them.
    Jay

New Member FAQ

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    I liked all of the Harry Potter movies. I didn't think that any of them were great, but thoroughly enjoyable films.
    The special effects used were really well done in all of them.
    Yes, I've seen the first three films now and each one keeps getting better, in my opinion. That trend will likely change before the final film, but I'm still looking forward to seeing all of them. However, I'm unable to consider the Potter movies to be in the same class as were the Lord of the Rings films, at least up to this point.

You know, I guess my favorite character is probably "supposed" to be Harry, but I really like Hermione the best of the bunch...
    oz

Fair warning: We just bought a Blu Ray player and also signed up for a Netflix account. Only problem I have now is, when am I going to find time to watch all these movies??
    We've only had it for a day or so and we do not own any Blu ray movies just yet, we mostly wanted it for the Netflix app.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast