Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Originally Posted by MikeTbob Fair warning: We just bought a Blu Ray player and also signed up for a Netflix account. Only problem I have now is, when am I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    Fair warning: We just bought a Blu Ray player and also signed up for a Netflix account. Only problem I have now is, when am I going to find time to watch all these movies??
    We've only had it for a day or so and we do not own any Blu ray movies just yet, we mostly wanted it for the Netflix app.
    Mailed discs, streaming, or both, Netflix offers a really good deal, in my opinion. Hope you and family will really enjoy that new blu-ray player, Mike!
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    Yes, I've seen the first three films now and each one keeps getting better, in my opinion. That trend will likely change before the final film, but I'm still looking forward to seeing all of them. However, I'm unable to consider the Potter movies to be in the same class as were the Lord of the Rings films, at least up to this point.

You know, I guess my favorite character is probably "supposed" to be Harry, but I really like Hermione the best of the bunch...
    Definitely not in the same class as LOTR. But good movies... and the last two are the best, IMO. And my favorites were Hermione and Hagrid.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    my favorites were Hermione and Hagrid.
    Yes sir, Hagrid is indeed a great character. I was actually referring to the kids when I said "the bunch". Hagrid is my favorite of the adults, and I slightly prefer the original Professor Dumbledore, although his replacement did a fine job with the part as well. Too bad Richard Harris passed so soon.
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    The wife and I just finished up watching Tim Burton's Frankenweenie:

Frankenweenie (2012) - IMDb

Great animation, excellent video and audio, and an entertaining story!

The blu-ray package I purchased came with 2D and 3D versions but we watched it this time in 2D. The next time around we'll watch in 3D, but I've heard from many others already that this one offers an excellent 3D rendering.

Very worthy of a full purchase in my opinion!
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    Got around to watching the fourth film of the Harry Potter series lastnight, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire:

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005) - IMDb

This one seemed to be the weakest of the batch so far, but it was still very worthy of the time spent viewing it, and the performance of Brendan Gleeson (as Professor MadEye) was very good. That guy manages to do a great job in every role that he plays.

Recommended viewing!
    oz

So for $4.95 I bought a Mad Chance/Weed Road production of Jonah Hex starring Josh Brolin, John Malkovich, and Megan Fox.
    I really enjoyed it. It was not a " run of the mill movie ".
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

I just finished watching Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz In " Knight and Day "; it was very fast moving and entertaining.
    Check it out if you can.
    MikeTbob likes this.
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid

oz
    forum.guy

Re: Harry Potter Films

Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    Definitely not in the same class as LOTR. But good movies... and the last two are the best, IMO.
    Just finished watching the final Harry Potter film and I totally agree with you that the last two films (Deathly Hallows, Part 1 and Part 2) are the best of the bunch. In fact, they were quite impressive!
    oz

Linux Guru
    When the DLP RCA 50" crashed and burned. I rented Dread, Batman Rises (already covered I think), Sinister (8mm meets the exorcist), Snow White and the Huntsman,Total Recall, Resident Evil: Retribution

Figured I'd splurge to get the wife's mind off the big TV being broken. Ran it all in Gnome-Mplayer on my 24" LCD monitor while I wait on the ballast circuit board email message for the Big TV (hopefully the right board as rca parts are hard to get)

I just watched the Dark Knight Rises and I was disappointed.
    Linux user # 414321

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast