Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Guidelines Please use this thread to post screenshots of your Linux desktop. If you don't have your own upload storage space you can post image URLs using one of the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Post Your Linux Desktop Screenshots (2013)

Guidelines

Please use this thread to post screenshots of your Linux desktop.

If you don't have your own upload storage space you can post image URLs using one of the free image hosting services found here. The forums have an images plugin installed that will automatically resize your screenshot to fit the layout of the forum.

Don't forget to include important details that other users might be interested in, such as links to your wallpaper, configs, names of icon themes, names of running apps, desktop environment / window manager, or other important information. Including this info initially will help to reduce unnecessary clutter in the thread.

Last year's thread
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

oz
    forum.guy
    I probably won't be posting any screenshots because my own desktops are always as plain and simple as I can make them. In other words, no fancy wallpapers, graphics, icons, or other such eye-candy.

Still, I wouldn't mind seeing any shots belonging to you guys if you should get around to posting them.
    Last edited by oz; 01-02-2013 at 02:09 AM. Reason: left out a word...
    oz

MintMate20130101.jpg

Just installed to my external drive. Have had to borrow a friends computer until new MB/CPU/RAM come in for my now dead one.
    Mint Mate is remarkably easy and fun to play with and I enjoy posting my desktops.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    I probably won't be posting any screenshots because my own desktops are always as plain and simple as I can make them. In other words, no fancy wallpapers, graphics, icons, or other such eye-candy.

Still, I wouldn't mind seeing any shots belonging to guys if you should get around to posting them.
    Same here oz ! I don't even keep a single Icon on my Desktop. Plain, simple without any eye-candy and that's why I haven't posted any Desktop Screenshot for a long time ( years ). I do keep checking this thread though. A lot of members posted very nice screenshots in last year's thread.

Quote Originally Posted by teyster2 View Post
    MintMate20130101.jpg

Just installed to my external drive. Have had to borrow a friends computer until new MB/CPU/RAM come in for my now dead one.
    Mint Mate is remarkably easy and fun to play with and I enjoy posting my desktops.
    Thanks.
    Nice Screenshot teyster2 ! Is that a default desktop of Mint Mate?

Quote Originally Posted by devils casper View Post
    Nice Screenshot teyster2 ! Is that a default desktop of Mint Mate?
    Thank you. Yes, it is. I think it was not in the download, but after I did the updates it showed up. I thought the Cairo
    panel worked well with it and with Mate in general. Simple, but still very attractive. I don't work much
    on the computer these days, so it's more of a toy lately.

I'm not a regular Mint user, but it is what I had available and as I said it's a borrowed computer so I didn't
    want to mess with my friends OS and hard drive. I must admit though, the folks over at Mint have
    it going on.

Screenshot from 2013-01-03 07:20:57.jpg

Here is my ubuntu 12.04 desktop with gnome classic, cairo-dock, compiz, conky, a few screenlets and gkrellm battery monitor.
    The wallpaper is just graduate colours as not to obscure the other info. I super imposed some faded linux related logos onto the wallpaper.
    The gnome panel shows the jolly roger at left; it's xkill as the force quit gnome-applet misbehaves to the point that it needs to be killed.
    netspeed applet and knetload applet still work fine in this version. I tweaked for days to get it all the way I want it and that i'm used to since ubuntu 6.

a happy new year to all
    fen

FluxBox , Conky says it all.

Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    I've been playing with my conkies (oo-er missus)

Distro: Siduction
    Desktop: XFCE, Compiz and Emerald

Click the thumbnails for the full version
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent

Hi Elija

conky rocks and so does emerald. what is the emerald theme you use? any download links? Emerald seems to have disappeared from most dotros but updates versions are available and worthwhile trying out. The emerald theme manager is fantastic and allows tweaks to just about everything. I like the buttons you use!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast