Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree154Likes
Power electronics run on smoke, when the smoke comes out, it stops working !...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Power electronics run on smoke, when the smoke comes out, it stops working !

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dutchman View Post
    Power electronics run on smoke, when the smoke comes out, it stops working !
    So it was a Windows machine?

<Smacks self>
    ............sorry. Shouldn't do any OS smashing...
    MikeTbob likes this.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

A good day is when crap hits the fan and I have the time to duck it.

A

atheist was running willy nilly through the woods with a brown bear chasing him and gaining on him quickly.
    He whimpers panting heavily
    "Oh my God"

Time Stops. The heavens open. A booming voice replies.
    "You who have never endorsed me or believed in me now call my name. This happens a lot in times of stress and I am quite used to it. What can I do for you?
    Do you wish to become a believer and in so doing so. Have a direct ticket to Heaven?"

"No"! Replies the athiest. "I don't wish to die. How about you making the bear believe in you and in so doing he will have compassion and stop from killing me!"

"Okey Dokey". Says God to the Athiest. Time gets turned back on. The bear is like 2 steps behind the athiest when he stops. He puts his 2 front paws together in prayer.
    In Bear talk he says, "Thank you Lord for the gifts we are about to recieve".
    PrinceSharma likes this.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Roky Strikes Again!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

*blowing Bugle*

This is hilarious.

Lawyers should never ask a Georgia grandma a question if they aren't prepared for the answer.In a trial, a Southern small-town prosecuting attorney called his first witness, a grandmotherly, elderly woman to the stand. He approached herand asked, 'Mrs. Jones, do you know me?' She responded, 'Why, yes, I doknow you, Mr. Williams. I've known you since you were a boy, and frankly,you've been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife,and you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. Youthink you're a big shot when you haven't the brains to realize you'll neveramount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you.'The lawyer was stunned. Not knowing what else to do, he pointed across the room and asked, 'Mrs. Jones, do you know the defense attorney?'She again replied, 'Why yes, I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was ayoungster, too. He's lazy, bigoted, and he has a drinking problem. He can't build a normal relationship with anyone, and his law practice is one of the worst in the entire state. Not to mention he cheated on his wife with three different women. One of them was your wife. Yes, I know him.'The defense attorney nearly died.The judge asked both counselors to approach the bench and, in a very quiet voice, said,'If either of you idiots asks her if she knows me, I'll send you both to the electric chair.
    jayd512 likes this.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Four Husbands

This just arrived in my email.

4 Husbands
    The local news station was interviewing an 80-year-old lady because she had just been married for the fourth time. The interviewer asked her questions about her life, about what it felt like to be marrying again at 80, and then about her new husband's occupation. "He's a funeral director ," she answered. "Interesting," the newsman thought.

He then asked her if she wouldn't mind telling him a little about her first three husbands and what they had done for a living. She paused for a few moments, needing time to reflect on all those years. After a short time, a smile came to her face and she answered proudly, explaining that she had first married a banker when she was in her 20's, then a circus ringmaster when in her 40's, a preacher when in her 60's, and now - in her 80's - a funeral director.

The interviewer looked at her, quite astonished, and asked why she had married four men with such
    diverse careers.
    (wait for it)

She smiled and explained,

" I married one for the money,
    two for the show
    three to get ready, and
    four to go."
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid

Elmo

There is a factory in Northern Minnesota which makes the Tickle Me Elmo toys. The toy laughs when you tickle it under the arms.

Well, Lena is hired at The Tickle Me Elmo factory and she reports for her first day promptly at 8:00 am..

The next day at 8:45 am there is a knock at the Personnel Manager's door. The Foreman throws open the door and begins to rant about the new employee.
    He complains that she is incredibly slow and the whole line is backing up, putting the entire production line behind schedule.

The Personnel Manager decides he should see this for himself, so the 2 men march down to the factory floor. When they get there the line is so backed up that there are Tickle Me Elmo's all over the factory floor and they're really beginning to pile up.

At the end of the line stands Lena surrounded by mountains of Tickle Me Elmo's. She has a roll of plush Red fabric and a huge bag of small marbles.

The 2 men watch in amazement as she cuts a little piece of fabric, wraps it around two marbles and begins to carefully sew the little package between Elmo's legs.

The Personnel Manager bursts into laughter. After several minutes of hysterics he pulls himself together and approaches Lena ..

'I'm sorry,' he says to her, barely able to keep a straight face, 'but I think you misunderstood the instructions I gave you yesterday...'

'Your job is to give Elmo two test tickles.
    elija and rokytnji like this.
    Linux user # 414321

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Today's Dilbert gave me a belly laugh to start the day!
    Lakshmipathi, Roxoff and jayd512 like this.
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

Conkybots: Interactive plugins for your Conkys!

Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    Today's Dilbert gave me a belly laugh to start the day!
    Yes, especially panel-7 LOL
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

An old man finds a condom in his grandson's apartment and asks what it is.

"It's a condom," replies the grandson, sheepishly.

"What do you use it for?" asks Grandpa.

The grandson is embarrassed, so he says, "I use it to keep my cigarettes dry when I smoke in the rain."

Grandpa says, "That's a great idea." He goes to the drug store and asks the pharmacist for a condom.

"What size would you like?" asks the pharmacist.

"Big enough to fit a Camel."
    rokytnji likes this.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast