Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Funny thing about Linux, since the Distros are Free to download and try I'd suspect that most of us go through a few before we settle on one for a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Funny thing about Linux, since the Distros are Free to download and try I'd suspect that most of us go through a few before we settle on one for a while. That's the nice thing about Linux, you can give it a try and if it's not what you want you can move on to try another one and you're not out any money like you'd be with Windows or OS X. I'm a totally converted Linux user for life from here on out. Can't see any other reason to use any other type of Op System. Linux does everything I want to do.

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFrank View Post
    Funny thing about Linux, since the Distros are Free to download and try I'd suspect that most of us go through a few before we settle on one for a while. That's the nice thing about Linux, you can give it a try and if it's not what you want you can move on to try another one and you're not out any money like you'd be with Windows or OS X. I'm a totally converted Linux user for life from here on out. Can't see any other reason to use any other type of Op System. Linux does everything I want to do.

It's easy once you give it a chance. Kinda like motorcycle riding. Not like driving a car or truck. But the experience (physically and mentally) is way more rewarding personally.
    Ya only live once. Might as well enjoy it.

On a side note since I am posting. Thinking of doing
    Step 1. FreeDOS | The FreeDOS Project
    Step 2. NewDeal Office 3.2a
    Via Step 3. Welcome to Breadbox - Home of the GEOS operating system

on a P66Hz , 12MB edo ram, 640MB Hard drive Notebook after my fence and shop are finished. Maybe Oct/Nov. No hurry on that one. Then maybe sell it on ebay.

Linux Newbie

What was your first Linux distro?

My first one was Ubuntu 09.04, lent by a friend of mine. I've liked it so much I got rid of Windows 6 months later once I got used to it.
    Offtopic: Also, I'm taking LPIC exam preparation and I'm also planning to attend an Asterisk VOIP learning course once I'm done with LPI. I owe him big time.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Well i had used redhat linux during my curriculum (college days). Later when after graduation i came back to linux i had some Live CDs of Linux Mint 12 and xUbuntu (xfce desktop) which i could install on windows. i liked Mint since it was (and is) user friendly. Now that i go well with Linux well i have started to use RHEL 6 for administration purpose. and now i have many Distros like Fedora, Ubuntu LTE, Mint 15, Arch linux, mageia etc...

My first distro was Suse linux

learned commands like cd, ls, rm, mkdir )

Just Joined!
    I first started up using redhat 5.4. The first time must have been around 1998 I think. Remember talking to my brother over the phone how to successfully configure and compile the kernel in order to get X and networking to work... My first uses of linux was actually to hack around with my win98 installation and change the text in menus, like the shutdown menu in windows turned into something like "reboot and change to linux"

Then there came fedora, but in '04 I have had enough about all the graphixness of the fedora kde environment and turned to debian.
    As of today I have ran a lot of distros all together and for the past years I run gentoo on my server and funtoo on my regular machine

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by johanlindgren View Post
    Remember talking to my brother over the phone how to successfully configure and compile the kernel in order to get X and networking to work...
    crikey, i hope that wasn't a long distance phone call...

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by atreyu View Post
    crikey, i hope that wasn't a long distance phone call...
    Heh well, cross the country.. but that didn't charge more for me as I live in Sweden

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by johanlindgren View Post
    I live in Sweden
    my dad still rocks the Doppa I Gryta every X-mas...yum!

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by atreyu View Post
    my dad still rocks the Doppa I Gryta every X-mas...yum!
    Haha good one

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast