Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
I've looked back just never for very long lol Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I've looked back just never for very long lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    Sounds familiar. FC6 was my first true install. Never looked back after that.
    yeah, i rocked FC6 for a while (even when they got into the versions that dropped the "Core", i think) - good distro.

My first introduction to Linux was in 2004 when I tried configuring a Red Hat server, but I didn't get very far. Then in 2008 I installed Ubuntu Intrepid on an old Dell Laptop. I had a hard time with wireless support, but once I got that sorted, it ran all right. The notebook died eventually, and it wasn't until this past August that I tried Ubuntu Saucy. That lasted all of 2 days before Unity and some other things drove me nuts (though I am running an Ubuntu 13.04 fileserver). I then tried out Mint, and finally eOS. I've been running eOS (single boot) on my personal laptop for the last 2 months, and have been pretty happy with it. However, I am considering switching over to Debian eventually.

Just Joined!
    I haven't heard anyone mention slackware floppy disk sets and exploding monitors.

Makes me feel very old.

Found a screenie of my first Linux distro while looking through old folders. Mandrake 8.2 with KDE circa 2002.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Just Joined!
    My First Was Ubuntu 9.10. I Downloaded It Just So I Can Try Compiz :P

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Found a screenie of my first Linux distro while looking through old folders. Mandrake 8.2 with KDE circa 2002.
    UNREAL!!!! loved the 8ball launcher.

Just Joined!
    Slackware! I haven't touched a Slackware box in a long time. Maybe I should give it another whirl.

Just Joined!
    Ubuntu 12.04 LTS about six monghs ago. I've since tried Antix, Crunchbang, OpenSUSE, and Pinguy(my favorite), via live CD.

hello!
    started about 2 years ago (after i'd been using blackbox on winxp for a while) with mint fluxbox edition, then i settled on xubuntu 11.10 for a while, then ... distro-hopping, then crunchbang (which is still my 2nd os) and finally (?) archlinux since april 2013. i'm very happy with it and don't see myself changing anytime soon.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast