Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I've looked back just never for very long lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    Sounds familiar. FC6 was my first true install. Never looked back after that.
    yeah, i rocked FC6 for a while (even when they got into the versions that dropped the "Core", i think) - good distro.

My first introduction to Linux was in 2004 when I tried configuring a Red Hat server, but I didn't get very far. Then in 2008 I installed Ubuntu Intrepid on an old Dell Laptop. I had a hard time with wireless support, but once I got that sorted, it ran all right. The notebook died eventually, and it wasn't until this past August that I tried Ubuntu Saucy. That lasted all of 2 days before Unity and some other things drove me nuts (though I am running an Ubuntu 13.04 fileserver). I then tried out Mint, and finally eOS. I've been running eOS (single boot) on my personal laptop for the last 2 months, and have been pretty happy with it. However, I am considering switching over to Debian eventually.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I haven't heard anyone mention slackware floppy disk sets and exploding monitors.

Makes me feel very old.

Found a screenie of my first Linux distro while looking through old folders. Mandrake 8.2 with KDE circa 2002.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

My First Was Ubuntu 9.10. I Downloaded It Just So I Can Try Compiz :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Found a screenie of my first Linux distro while looking through old folders. Mandrake 8.2 with KDE circa 2002.
    UNREAL!!!! loved the 8ball launcher.

Slackware! I haven't touched a Slackware box in a long time. Maybe I should give it another whirl.

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS about six monghs ago. I've since tried Antix, Crunchbang, OpenSUSE, and Pinguy(my favorite), via live CD.

hello!
    started about 2 years ago (after i'd been using blackbox on winxp for a while) with mint fluxbox edition, then i settled on xubuntu 11.10 for a while, then ... distro-hopping, then crunchbang (which is still my 2nd os) and finally (?) archlinux since april 2013. i'm very happy with it and don't see myself changing anytime soon.