Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have been on here for a while now, and I noticed something about the forums here. It's not a big problem, but wondering about it. When I have been ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Quick Question about forums

I have been on here for a while now, and I noticed something about the forums here. It's not a big problem, but wondering about it.

When I have been posting replies and making new threads, I noticed that my post count does not change that often. Right now it says 38, but I know I may have posted about 100 or so. So, is there a rule or something about this or what?
    Thanks for answering, and again, it's no big deal.

Just Joined!
    I'm pretty sure your post count only goes up if you reply to someone else's thread and not your own. And I think your threads count as posts. Don't quote e on this because I'm not sure if I'm right or not.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Linon View Post
    I'm pretty sure your post count only goes up if you reply to someone else's thread and not your own. And I think your threads count as posts. Don't quote e on this because I'm not sure if I'm right or not.
    That might be the case, but even if I reply to people on different post the count does not go up. I think it goes up when I creat a thread, but am not sure. I rarely ever see it go up. Maybe one of the higher post people will know the answer to this.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by CurtisCoburn View Post
    When I have been posting replies and making new threads, I noticed that my post count does not change that often. Right now it says 38, but I know I may have posted about 100 or so. So, is there a rule or something about this or what?
    That question and other questions about how the forums work are answered in the New Member FAQ thread that can be found here:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...ember-faq.html

See item #10 for the answer to your question.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    That question and other questions about how the forums work are answered in the New Member FAQ thread that can be found here:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...ember-faq.html

See item #10 for the answer to your question.
    Oh. Thanks a bunch. That makes sense. I spend a lot of time in the coffee lounge.
    May I ask why is it like this?

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by CurtisCoburn View Post
    Oh. Thanks a bunch. That makes sense. I spend a lot of time in the coffee lounge.
    May I ask why is it like this?
    It was setup that way because too many users in the past have tried to build up their post counts with posts that were of very little or no value.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Right. I see how people can do that. Well thanks again.