Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.

Quote Originally Posted by DonQuixoteMC View Post
    Well, this seems like just the kind of forum I was looking for! Friendly help for Linux AND cookies!?

I have to say, the random question during account creation was very entertaining. I don't think I can resist asking what it's for. So... What's it for?
    Thanks for the welcome!

DonQuixoteMC
    Not sure, it has been so long since I signed up - they may not have had that back in the dark ages! Anyway, I suspect it is a "robot" detector. Are you human? Ok, you can join the group!
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Greetings,
    I have been using Linux since 1995 or so (around the same time as when I first tried SunOS) and have used some form of Linux or Unix ever since, first acting as a sysadmin in 98. I just realized I was not registered on here (I am on a few other Linux/Unix related forums) so I signed up and answered a few questions. Looks like there are a lot of folks I can learn from here, and hopefully a few I can help with issues. I just installed RHEL 7.2 (now 7.3) on my primary computer (previously had KXStudio and Kali 1.x before that) and am going to set up CentOS 7 on a VM on another notebook so I can sharpen my skills some (most of my Linux experience has been in RHEL for the last decade or so, at least professionally, so it makes sense to set a mini lab up - I only have a single dev subscription to RHEL so any other installs would need to be CentOS-based unless I set up a VM host (the subscription does work for multiple VMs, but most of what I want to do would work fine in CentOS anyway).

hello,
    I am new to this forum and i want to resolve one of my problem, that i have put in form of thread here. it is enough to post a thread to get solution or i have to tag someone to my question ???

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Post you question/problem to the appropriate forum. This is the Coffee Lounge forum which isn't what you need I think.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by faiz2045 View Post
    it is enough to post a thread to get solution or i have to tag someone to my question ???
    i think you don't understand how things work on most forums.
    there's only one way to "get solution": all parties (that is most of all YOU) have to work on it.
    it's all community driven and co-operative.

unless you want to hire somebody to "get solution" for you.

Hello I'm Saeed, I'd like to find some friends who share my interests and get help to become an advanced gnu/linux user.

-->
    I think I was a member a while back... made the switch to ubuntu after arch32 was dropped .

Enjoying Linux.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk