Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Fedora is a fantastic distro, and comes with many different flavours of IDEs to pick from (KDE, Gnome, MATE, XFCE etc), Linux Mint is also a very nice distro based ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Fedora is a fantastic distro, and comes with many different flavours of IDEs to pick from (KDE, Gnome, MATE, XFCE etc), Linux Mint is also a very nice distro based off Ubuntu. My biggest suggestion would be to burn the hard drive that contains Windows 8 as it pales to any other version of Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxoff View Post
    RH9 != RHEL6. As oz says, RH9 is very old and is now fully obsolete, it was released March 31, 2003. After RedHat9, the distribution morphed into Fedora Core, and at about the same time RedHat released their Enterprise Linux platform with (reasonably costly for home users) support package.
    Ah, I see, I thought they just popped up Fedora from nowhere and RH became the RHEL lineup. My bad, thx for the correction, I'm not into RH.

Quote Originally Posted by RetroSpock View Post
    Fedora is a fantastic distro, and comes with many different flavours of IDEs to pick from (KDE, Gnome, MATE, XFCE etc), Linux Mint is also a very nice distro based off Ubuntu. My biggest suggestion would be to burn the hard drive that contains Windows 8 as it pales to any other version of Windows.
    ^ Don't do this :-\.

You'll probably end up needing SOME version of Windows at SOME point down the line and it's good to be able to use it if you can. I usually allocate 20GB partitions on my Macs with an XP install JUST in case I need it for some Windows only program, same goes for Linux.

Perfect example, Odin, the leaked tool to flash Galaxy S devices is Windows only. There's heimdall, which can only be a supplement, but it doesn't always work and I've gotten flashed some corrupted images via it that should have worked fine.. Another perfect example is when I was in school and took statistics (or something of that nature) and had to use mini-tab, which while there may be supplements, required specific screen shots directly from the program. I suppose you can go the VM root and install virtual box, but I prefer native environments...besides, you'll be using the size anyway for the HDD image.

As one of my professors in college once did, he kept an extra 2.5" HDD with the "windows virus" on it and a screw driver for the HDD bay screws in his laptop bag, just in case the **** hit the fan with Linux and he still had to teach class. He knew what was up.

So yeah, I wouldn't recommend burning it, and without digressing, as this is off topic, Win8 isn't horrible. Is it worth the $200 price tag? No, but it's basically the same as Win7 + some security tools and eye candy. I'd personally, given the choice, opt for Win7, but I wouldn't say it 'pales to any other version of windows.'

Just Joined!

Arrow

Installed Fedora 18. Its a nice and decent operating system, have a very great look. Now having some problems.... searching for solutions. Thank you @Roxoff , @oz and other fellas.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2