Find the answer to your Linux question:
Back in 1999 I made my first Linux Boot Disk. I did it through windows 3.1. But I never got a chance to just sit and learn the system. Now ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

New To Linux

Back in 1999 I made my first Linux Boot Disk. I did it through windows 3.1. But I never got a chance to just sit and learn the system. Now I want to learn it. I have Linux Ubuntu 11.10. I have already installed it once, and then found myself removing it. It isn't that I don't like it. It is just that my current computer didn't have enough hard drive space. And it was annoying me because I couldn't change the grub boot order around. I fear that it might take me a long time to learn it. After doing the install, and removing it. I decided that I want to put it on an external hard drive. That way I can take my time learning it without messing up my windows machines. Once I have learned what I want to learn, then I will go back to putting it on a computer.

Welcome to LinuxForums!
    Take your time, and feel your way through it. Be prepared to break a few things along the way.
    But the fun really starts when you realize that you are learning how to fix those breakages.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello and welcome aboard, even if you did join way back in 2011!

Hope you'll enjoy Linux and the forums...
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Welcome to the forum. I have an old laptop that I have Lubuntu installed with all my aps and docs on a 30 GB drive, and it is only half full. Choose a light distro and it won't take a lot of space. Glad to have you join us.
    Registered Linux user #526930