Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Mike, I played around with KDE4.10 more this morning and it seems to be working fine for me, other than having to reset some configs as noted before. That said, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

Mike, I played around with KDE4.10 more this morning and it seems to be working fine for me, other than having to reset some configs as noted before. That said, I don't use a display manager so when I logout, any errors are always visible in the console and KDE has always produced lots of various warnings and notices. However, I saw some new comments there today about Udisk2, but didn't notice anything not working. Not sure just yet what that's about, but will report back if I run into anything that's broken.
    oz

Great idea Oz. I'm going to disable xdm/kdm and use startx to see if I can pinpoint some problems. I've not been home for the better part of the weekend and I hope to get into tonight. Will reply if I find anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    Mike, I played around with KDE4.10 more this morning and it seems to be working fine for me, other than having to reset some configs as noted before. That said, I don't use a display manager so when I logout, any errors are always visible in the console and KDE has always produced lots of various warnings and notices. However, I saw some new comments there today about Udisk2, but didn't notice anything not working. Not sure just yet what that's about, but will report back if I run into anything that's broken.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

oz
    forum.guy
    Hi, mike - played around with kde 4.10 a bit more earlier today, and other than the warning about udisk2 in the console after kde logout, this release is working quite well for me. Even with the udisk2 warning, I'm unable to notice any problems in actual use, so guess i was lucky to not have all the problems others have been reporting. Good luck with yours.
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2