Find the answer to your Linux question:
My boombox that played and dubbed audiotapes died. I went to various places looking for a new one but no one makes them anymore. A clerk at B&H talked me ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Will an Ion Tape express work in Linux?

My boombox that played and dubbed audiotapes died. I went to various places looking for a new one but no one makes them anymore. A clerk at B&H talked me into buying an Ion Tape Express tape to MP3 converter/player so that I could transfer audiotapes into my computer. When i got home I saw the small print that says I need windows or a Mac os!!

Do any LF members use this equipment on a Linux box??
    I am not going to open the box until I find out if it will work using a Linux os!! Thank You!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

I've not used it. But a few searches shows that it can be made to work in Linux.
    Several threads are posted in the Debian forums, Audacity forums and others.
    So while it should work for you, there may be a few kinks that need to be worked out.

As a side note, if you want to actually find another tape deck, you might want to check out a local flea market or something.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Ion never bothered to email me back so I took their unopened product back to B&H for a full refund!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close