Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I reiterate. That 6 bucks will pay you back in no time cuz. I only mentioned sony because their sd cards are proprietary and physically built different than normal sd ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I reiterate. That 6 bucks will pay you back in no time cuz. I only mentioned sony because their sd cards are proprietary and physically built different than normal sd flash cards. At least from what I saw at my Walmart mini store in Pecos. Maybe sony cards are different every where else. I won't buy one here.
    t
    Some cameras (older ones) and voice recorders may come with older xd flash cards if you get unlucky when buying something in NYC. Which is likely with a hard sell. That was why I linked you to a xd card reader that also reads cf cards also. Besides other card formats like mmc and such.

Even if you don't need it for your video or voice gear. The 6.00 card reader enhances what your desktop is capable of imputing and and reading and writing to.
    You asked for Gizmos. Mine was the cheapest recommend by far. Plus. Not just limited to cameras or voice recorders. Plus it is transferable between computers.
    I know because I have a few boxes.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Thanks Roky! There isn't a Walmart store close to Staten Island and the item you linked is not available on line.
    I was thinking about purchasing this when I finally decide which camera to get.
    Iogear SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Multi-Card Reader/Writer GFR381 B&H

After getting bug-eyed looking at so many digital cameras I decided that, for now, I would just get one of those point and shoot ones
    to keep with me while walking around and until I get the hang of digital photography.
    Last edited by cousinlucky; 02-25-2013 at 12:02 PM.
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Backwards compatible with usb 2.0 and 1.1. 59 memory card formats. Looks Ok to me cuz. Me. I am a cheap skate with computers. My real money goes towards party and motorcycles.

Found this for cheaper and it is online.

Compact Flash: CF I, CF II, CF Ultra II, MicroDrive
    xD Picture Cards
    Secure Digital: miniSD (with adapter), microSD/TransFlash (with adapter)
    Multimedia card: MMC I, MMC II, RS-MMC, HS-MMC
    Memory stick: Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick Pro Duo, Memory Stick MagicGate, Memory Stick MagicGate Pro, Memory Stick MagicGate Duo, Memory Stick MagicGate Pro Duo
    Link

I don't know if you have a Big Lots store near you in Staten Island. My wife bought me a pretty nice point and click camera and also a movie type camera/camcorder both together for under
    $75.00. Just saying.
    Last edited by rokytnji; 02-25-2013 at 02:13 PM.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

oz
    forum.guy
    @cousinlucky

here's a page with some info for you once you've decided you are ready to take another look at digital cameras:

Digital Camera Support for UN*X
    oz

The clerk at B&H phoeo gave me 30 days to return the Fuji T400 camera, and the Aluratek SDXC-SDHC-Micro Sd-MiniSD Usb 2.0 Multi-Media card reader that I bought this morning if I could not get them to work with my computer!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    The clerk at B&H phoeo gave me 30 days to return the Fuji T400 camera, and the Aluratek SDXC-SDHC-Micro Sd-MiniSD Usb 2.0 Multi-Media card reader that I bought this morning if I could not get them to work with my computer!!
    Sounds like a good place to keep shopping if they have other things you might want. Good job.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2