Find the answer to your Linux question:
I want to make some new wallpapers for Linux distros that should have more. SO, I ask you, ALL OF YOU, which Linux distro you think is the most underprivileged, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Talking Which Linux Needs More Wallpapers?

I want to make some new wallpapers for Linux distros that should have more. SO, I ask you, ALL OF YOU, which Linux distro you think is the most underprivileged, neglected, and forsaken when it comes to finding good wallpapers?

There's nothing distro-specific about wallpapers. Any wallpaper can be used in any distro. In fact any wallpaper can usually be used on any desktop, except for Enlightenment which needs wallpapers to be in its own .edje format. And even then, any image in a standard graphical format can be concerted into an edje file.

Of course some wallpapers may carry distro-specific images like Slackware's Tux smoking. Is that what you had in mind?
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"

oz
    forum.guy
    I'm not a big fan of most wallpapers because they are far too busy for my personal tastes, and I generally don't like wallpapers with distro logos either. The wallpapers package for KDE being well over 100 MB in size (and that's compressed) is unsettling as well, especially when I can find only one or two papers out of the entire bunch to be satisfactory. For those reasons, I generally go to websites that offer single image downloads and fetch only what I want. With that in mind, hazel is right on the money when she says any wallpaper can be used on pretty much any distro. From my own point of view, there is no shortage of wallpapers, but definitely a shortage truly good wallpapers. In that sense, all distros are underprivileged, neglected, and forsaken, as you put it.
    oz

Just Joined!
    "There's nothing distro-specific about wallpapers. Any wallpaper can be used in any distro. In fact any wallpaper can usually be used on any desktop, except for Enlightenment which needs wallpapers to be in its own .edje format. And even then, any image in a standard graphical format can be concerted into an edje file.

Of course some wallpapers may carry distro-specific images like Slackware's Tux smoking. Is that what you had in mind? "

Si, senor.
    I am talking about distro-specific designs, not type of format!