Find the answer to your Linux question:
I apologize for my delving into antiquity as well as ancient Linux history, but I am quite fond of extremely old computers and have not even a desire for a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Are the any BL 3.5 lovers present?

I apologize for my delving into antiquity as well as ancient Linux history, but I am quite fond of extremely old computers and have not even a desire for a new computer. Thus, am I wondering if there be any BasicLinux admirers here. As one ought think, BL 3.5 is not at all compatible with any of the newer Linux "apps" and oft drives nuts even its admirers! Under BL, the dial-up modems yield horror stories galore. Never-the-less, we BL users enjoy a dash of frustration on a regular basis.

David O. Wray

Quote Originally Posted by dw2108 View Post
    I apologize for my delving into antiquity as well as ancient Linux history, but I am quite fond of extremely old computers and have not even a desire for a new computer. Thus, am I wondering if there be any BasicLinux admirers here. As one ought think, BL 3.5 is not at all compatible with any of the newer Linux "apps" and oft drives nuts even its admirers! Under BL, the dial-up modems yield horror stories galore. Never-the-less, we BL users enjoy a dash of frustration on a regular basis.

David O. Wray
    I am not really, but you might find the unix archive interesting. It has downloadable source and some fully working ancient unix distributions.
    Including:
    4.x BSD, Mini-Unix, 2.x BSD, SVR3, Reasearch Unix V3?-V10, UNIX32 and various others.

Just look up unix archive.