Find the answer to your Linux question:
Linux Forums has many members who tinker around with gadgets and gizmos so I thought this article might interest them. Videos show how to turn an old television into a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Can Someone Build Me One Of These Death Ray Machines??

Linux Forums has many members who tinker around with gadgets and gizmos so I thought this article might interest them.
    Videos show how to turn an old television into a solar-powered death ray that will burn through anything in its path at 2,000F | Mail Online

I have an old unused TV that I would like to have converted!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Typical Daily Mail, overreacting again. It's a British newspaper. You couldn't build one of those that worked in the UK - there's never enough sun. And you'd be continually wiping the rain off the Fresnel lens.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    Linux Forums has many members who tinker around with gadgets and gizmos so I thought this article might interest them.
    Videos show how to turn an old television into a solar-powered death ray that will burn through anything in its path at 2,000F | Mail Online

I have an old unused TV that I would like to have converted!!
    It has to be a rear projection tv like the one I am working on presently cousinlucky. Your old tv won't cut the mustard. I have taken my 52 incher apart and know what they are talking about.
    Here in the desert I would probably get better results than most. But a .22 cal bullet or hail storm or a hard wind like we get would kill that death ray in a second.

Having said all of that. Yeah, I'll build ya one. Cost $200.00 (payment in advance). Pickup only.

What I would like is something to burn or at least jam car stereos and karaoke machines with a range of about 100ft. Damn "neighbors"

oz
    forum.guy
    This looks like it would be nothing more than a dangerous toy and probably turn into trouble in the hands of most users. It's also a waste of good lumber creating that wooden frame and stand. Surely there won't be many builders that will actually use it as a tool for melting their metals or cooking their hotdogs. While I do have a large rear-projection tv that's no longer in use, it's unlikely that I'll be attempting a death ray build anytime soon, as just reading about it more than satisfies my own curiosity.
    oz

Just Joined!
    On the other hand, could this begin to use recycled tv's as solar kilns and power arrays?