Find the answer to your Linux question:
During my teenage years I overheard a father admonishing his son to " Be A Man "!! ( Note: Any serious discussions between any two human beings should preferably be ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Be A Man!!

During my teenage years I overheard a father admonishing his son to " Be A Man "!! ( Note: Any serious discussions between any two human beings should preferably be done in private!! )

" Manhood " as thought of during the 1950's and 1960's is quite different from today's standards!! No, I am not going to get into that quagmire here!! At any rate I thought some LF members might like this article:
    Why can't men just be men any more? - Telegraph
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

I have not read the link yet.

My take on Manhood.

Perception is in the eye of the beholder.
    Other guys have ideas and rules on what manhood consists of and what the rules are.
    My wife has different ideas on what manhood consists of and what the rules are.
    Then there is my self perception on how I carry myself and be a man.

My wife told me long ago that the one thing that attracted me to her was my self assurance in my manhood.
    That I was not a lemming that followed the mob. That I was not insecure in my manhood.

I don't know how to teach or tell anybody on how to reach that inner (MY vocubualry fails me on what term to use next)
    but it comes to me naturally and all I can figure is I have my Mom to credit (Dad was around, but not alot) for how I turned out.

Whether, gay, reserved,or whatever else my limited vocabulary can't cover.

Manhood to me is being self-assured and happy in who you are without worrying about how other people perceive you while
    taking the time to be kind and helping to others always at the front of your mind when meeting strangers.

Fear and being careful can be a closet one can open later when the data comes in after a meet.

Tricky subject as always, Cousin Lucky.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Yes, Roky it can be an extremely difficult subject because most people just do not want to discuss it at all!
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid

Just Joined!
    Haven't read the link but daaaaamn o.O
    rough

Just Joined!
    Pathetic, PAH-THET-IC. Not only does this current generation of male milquetoasts not know what a man is or how to act like and be a man,they're afraid to even say the word "man". For fear that the girls will slap them silly they now say "person".

That's right. The womem are kickin your butts and you're afraid of them.

Look who's doing all of the jogging, working out, participating in sports nowadays while you little lollypop fellows sit at home and play your video games.

Look who all of the tv shows and movies and books are for and about.

This modern day scenario is absolutely hilarious and this old geezer is laughing at you.

HAW HAW HARDEE HAR HAR

Things change over time, but a man is just a man. Always has been that humans think of themselves as 'boss,' until Nature strikes them down.

I am confident in what I can handle and what I cannot, my Creator will if I am humble enough to know who is Boss!

As for the male/female thing, our environment and what we have done to it shares a big portion of the blame in the current dichotomy, I believe. Endocrine and immune systems of those humans now existing, especially those not yet mature, are being affected in increasingly obvious ways. Estrogen is more favored than testosterone partly because its precursors are in the water we drink and in the plastics that are everywhere.

Pesticides we spray on food cause an increase in breast cancer rates in women and (if we look) in other mammals. Petrochemical and other compounds (i.e. PCBs) break down via natural processes into endocrine disruptors and bind to trans-membrane transfer sites meant for natural hormones. They are now in all of Earth's ecosystems and ended up there primarily due to greed and ignorance on the part of Homo sapiens. Only the real Boss can fix it, now!
    "What you think about me is none of my business"

Linux user # 414321