Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
" It was all caused by the movie ' Star Wars '; every driver now feels that ' The Force ' will drive their car for them while they use ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

" It was all caused by the movie ' Star Wars '; every driver now feels that ' The Force ' will drive
    their car for them while they use their hands, and eyes, to text somebody, somewhere!! "-cousinlucky
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Just Joined!
    This Linux posting on clueless vehicle drivers is totally unexpected - but outrageously funny and yet bittersweet in that we all see 'incidents' every time we get behind the wheel. And some of US are also guilty. This past weekend my good buddy of 20 years picked me up at the airport and was fuming about some 'incidents' directed against his vehicle - he fumed all the way to my house, about a 40 minute drive, and during that entire drive he tailgated vehicles in the fast lane while driving 15-20 MPH over the speed limit, cut off cars and changed lanes without once using his turn signals, and drove over all solid white lines that we encountered. I think my finger impressions are still on his passenger side grab-handle.

anyways, a possible solution? create a voice recognition app (keep YOUR EYES on the road!) that you can call out a license number that will be added to a specific state database. Then have software that reviews the db on a regular basis and sends the license # to the P-O-L-I-C-E (or/and to a web page with a GPS location) after so many hits. Of course, one would hope that the police would actually CARE and follow up by 'interviewing' the owner of the vehicle (yes, I see problems in this as, for example, the owner may not be the offending driver). Of course this kind of 'interference' by the general public 'suggests' that the police are not enforcing traffic regulations, or downgrading the priority of citing traffic offenders, or whatever. But it would be an interesting app for an IT programmer. and BIG brother....heh heh

Quote Originally Posted by tueglee View Post
    This Linux posting on clueless vehicle drivers is totally unexpected - but outrageously funny and yet bittersweet in that we all see 'incidents' every time we get behind the wheel. And some of US are also guilty. This past weekend my good buddy of 20 years picked me up at the airport and was fuming about some 'incidents' directed against his vehicle - he fumed all the way to my house, about a 40 minute drive, and during that entire drive he tailgated vehicles in the fast lane while driving 15-20 MPH over the speed limit, cut off cars and changed lanes without once using his turn signals, and drove over all solid white lines that we encountered. I think my finger impressions are still on his passenger side grab-handle.

anyways, a possible solution? create a voice recognition app (keep YOUR EYES on the road!) that you can call out a license number that will be added to a specific state database. Then have software that reviews the db on a regular basis and sends the license # to the P-O-L-I-C-E (or/and to a web page with a GPS location) after so many hits. Of course, one would hope that the police would actually CARE and follow up by 'interviewing' the owner of the vehicle (yes, I see problems in this as, for example, the owner may not be the offending driver). Of course this kind of 'interference' by the general public 'suggests' that the police are not enforcing traffic regulations, or downgrading the priority of citing traffic offenders, or whatever. But it would be an interesting app for an IT programmer. and BIG brother....heh heh

LOL, not a bad idea but you lost me at Big Brother.....oooh scary thoughts come to mind.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Speaking of Big Brother; Will he be wearing Google Glasses??
    Who Will Be the First Killer Wearing Google*Glass? by Jon Rappoport
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2