Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Nowadays, whether you drive a vehicle or not, you are going to be subjected to " bad drivers " because they are everywhere. Eric Peters calls them Clovers: http://ericpetersautos.com/2013/03/2...r-taxonomy-ii/...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Another Rant About Clueless Drivers!!

Nowadays, whether you drive a vehicle or not, you are going to be subjected to " bad drivers " because they are everywhere.
    Eric Peters calls them Clovers:
    http://ericpetersautos.com/2013/03/2...r-taxonomy-ii/
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

As a UPS driver myself, I believe I see some of the worse driving ever. People are really dumb with automobiles. I get people pulling out in front of me, cutting me off and giving me the finger just because they are "in a hurry" or my package car is in their way. If I got upset everytime it happened I would never make it home, you just have to wave them off nicely and let them pass. What really burn my butt is when I am the last car in traffic but cars entering the road from parking lots and what have you cannot wait for one last vehicle to pass so they jump out in front of you causing you to lay on the brakes so he can get onto the roadway.
    My favorite part is when I am sitting at a redlight and everyone thinks because my truck is so large that they are going to "overtake me" at the light and get in front of me....I really make them work for it because my package car can boogie between redlights just as well as any car. So next time you think that UPS track is jacking with you, he probably is.
    gruven likes this.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Driving a bus, or a truck means that other drivers know that you have to avoid accidents!!
    Over the years a few Boston taxicab drivers have learned that, at times, I had enough
    space between accidents to ram right into them instead of jamming on the brakes!!
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    A lot of times and probably the majority also, are just plain ignorant of what's going on around them. Most people do not see 10 feet beyond the hood of their own vehicle and this is where I think 95% of the problem is. I'm uploading a driver "Space and visibility" checklist which is mandatory for all UPS drivers to memorize verbatim, word for word, before you can become a driver. This is only one page....there are 2 or 3 pages that must be committed to memory and you need to be able to recite these whenever the outside Auditing company shows up, even after 13 years with the company. It just shows the detail to which UPS and their drivers are committed. It's not only our life we are trying to protect while driving.
    5-seeing-habits.jpg

Forgive the looks but that page was/is well used and probably slept with a time or two.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Linux Guru
    LOL, only real men with a death wish (like me) ride motorcycles.

I cut me teeth and driving and splitting traffic in LA and NYC and Jersey and Dallheas/Fort Worth and other metropolitan big cities.

The most dangerous area was Elpaso Texas though. I've collected a few door mirrors and beat and kicked a few cars and trucks
    while the drivers locked their doors and got on their cell phones screaming for 911.

Minivans and soccer moms are proof that the devil is alive and walking the earth laughing his behind off.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Of course, there is a reason why we call SUV's "Urban Assault Vehicles" - the REAL definition of UAV... In my experience, 99.9% of the drivers of such are arrogant, rude, and abusive! And then there is the fact that they completely block one's view in whichever direction they are from your vehicle! Anyone else here in favor of a global UAV/SUV tax that will make people think twice about buying one of them?

And then, there is the fact that most SUV drivers think they are invulnerable, and drive like drunken monkeys in the worst weather, and then wonder why they are tires-up in the median strip of the highway, or have crushed some hapless person in a "small" car!
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    BTY, thanks for starting this rant Lucky! After a winter of daily driving / jockying with dingbat drivers around Chicago (home of some of the worst), it is good to get some of the bile out!

I've always felt that drivers were nuts. Even before smartphones were the norm, I had the "privilege" of watching a woman do her make-up, a man use the vanity mirror to shave..... I even saw a guy unfold a newspaper on his steering wheel!

I refuse to even look at my phone while I'm behind the wheel. And I didn't even get my license until I was 27.
    I feel way safer walking than I do driving.
    Most drivers are absotively posilutely freakin NUTS!!
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    BTY, thanks for starting this rant Lucky! After a winter of daily driving / jockying with dingbat drivers around Chicago (home of some of the worst), it is good to get some of the bile out!
    When I was a lot younger I would get engulfed in what is now called road rage!! I would not go after the drivers, I would go after the cars. When the driver returned to their vehicle they would not be able to use it until they got the tires and/or glass replaced. Some of the guys I knew would torch the cars.
    Nowadays, some people will shoot at drivers who disrespect them. It's a very wild world we now live in!!
    Linux user # 414321

Here is a great link, related to this rant!

The Myth of All-Powerful All-Wheel Drive - Popular Mechanics

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast